Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Dream Cast: Sons of Adam

Page 1 / 4
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

With the recent news that Netflix has the rights to all 7 books, it seems like a good time to put together a dream cast. This thread is for discussing suggestions for actors to play Sons of Adam.

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 12, 2018 6:48 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Firstly, Bill Nighy to play Uncle Andrew.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2018 11:40 am
Monty Jose
(@monty-jose)
NarniaWeb Regular

What if Tom Holland played one of the Narnian princes or kings? Like Caspian, Rilian, or Tirian? :O :D

https://www.instagram.com/_montyjose_art/

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2018 4:54 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

What if Tom Holland played on of the Narnian princes or kings? LIke Caspian, Rilian, or Tirian? :O :D

Honestly, he is so youthful looking, I can imagine him playing Peter Pevensie. I mean, he plays a fifteen year old Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming! Although it could get a bit confusing if he is cast in two major roles that share the same name. :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2018 10:15 am
Monty Jose
(@monty-jose)
NarniaWeb Regular

Honestly, (Tom Holland) is so youthful looking, I can imagine him playing Peter Pevensie.

I thought of him playing Peter, but I can’t help but wonder if by the time they start filming, he’d be a smidge too old. But hey, this is a dream cast, right? XD

Though honestly I’d like some relatively unknown actors playing the Pevensies, again.

How about Martin Freeman as Professor Kirke? I dunno where the idea came from, but I thought I’d throw it out there to hear the response haha

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2018 10:43 am
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I'm not an expert on actors but isn't Martin Freeman mostly known for being a comedic actor? If so I'd rather he not be cast as Professor Kirke. For some reason adaptations tend to portray the professor as a humorous character in different ways. (In the BBC miniseries, he's a childlike eccentric. In the Walden movie, he's dryly sarcastic.) And I never thought he was supposed to be that way in the book. Well, OK, he's kind of funny but not because of his attitude or personality. It's mostly because what he says is so different from what Peter and Susan and most people would expect while still sounding rational and adult for the most part.

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2018 11:49 am
Monty Jose
(@monty-jose)
NarniaWeb Regular

Maybe your thinking of Steve Martin? He is a comedian. Martin Freeman is Watson in Sherlock and Bilbo in the Hobbit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2018 12:36 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I would regard his performance as Bilbo as mainly a comedic performance. Or at least equally comedic and dramatic.

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2018 4:22 pm
Monty Jose
(@monty-jose)
NarniaWeb Regular

I can see what you’re saying. He also has some comedic elements in Marvel, but to be fair so does everyone else. I’m having a hard time thinking of an actor that would fit the professor in my mind. I mostly threw Martin Freeman out to get the ball rolling haha

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2018 4:45 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Well, just so you know, I wouldn't mind Martin Freeman as the professor. I would just like them to cast someone without a humorous bone in their body because comedic versions of the character are a minor pet peeve of mine. But I'm sure if he were cast, Freeman would be excellent.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2018 5:16 pm
Monty Jose
(@monty-jose)
NarniaWeb Regular

I get that. I think if there was to be any humor in the one scene with him at the beginning of LWW, it would be from Susan and Peter’s responses. And even then, it’s very minimal. Even as a kid, I found their shock to be humorous, but not because of witty punchlines but because of how absurd his logic sounds at first and then because they can’t find away to argue with him. That said, it’s a very fine line and not all actors can walk it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2018 6:51 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I would just like them to cast someone without a humorous bone in their body because comedic versions of the character are a minor pet peeve of mine.

Absolutely agree; I've seen too many comical professors!
Also don't turn him into an elderly eccentric - he is only 52 which is only middle aged, and has all his wits about him. Otherwise how could he continue to be a UK university Professor?

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 17, 2018 11:43 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

I agree that the Professor shouldn't be a comedic character; perhaps there are laughs to be had in how other characters respond to him, but not in the man himself. If the filmmakers need more insight into him, I would turn them to chapter nine of Lewis's autobiography Surprised by Joy where he describes his great mentor William Thompson Kirkpatrick.

I do like the idea of a younger professor! Hugh Laurie, perhaps?

I thought of him playing Peter, but I can’t help but wonder if by the time they start filming, he’d be a smidge too old. But hey, this is a dream cast, right? XD

Tom Holland is 22, though; he's probably done with growth spurts by now. ;)) Still, it might be better to cast someone who is actually closer to the real age, especially if the other kids age and Holland looks the same.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2018 10:57 am
Monty Jose
(@monty-jose)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hugh Laurie is an idea... I dunno if I can separate him from House though XD

How about Gary Oldman? He could play the professor with a serious but lovable tone I think.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 19, 2018 10:59 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

I've had King Frank/the cabbie on my mind, probably since MN is a likely choice for the first whatever-they're-making. He's doesn't have a big role in a movies, but he has a huge role in Narnia. I don't want them to just throw a random guy in to play him; instead I'd like them to use someone relatively well known to add weight to his short time on screen. Also, I want an actor with a lot of range to bring his transformation to life and really show how he becomes more kingly. Unfortunately some of the actors I keep picturing as his type are too old. I'm thinking along the lines of Richard Armitage (to old?), Richard Madden, or Michael Fassbender. I don't really watch enough movies to know who might really be a reasonable choice. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2018 7:25 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: