Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Cast From Across Time

starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

We did this once many years ago. If you could go through time and pick an actor/actress for any role in a Narnia movie and team them all up together, who would you pick and why?

So basically... if you had a time machine... name your dream cast for any Narnia movie. :D

Topic starter Posted : February 26, 2015 4:29 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

*dusts off thread* Good discussion idea! Fun thing to speculate about. :D

Over on the Lady of the Green Kirtle casting thread, parableproductions has a post where she mentions that she had always imagined Jadis as something like Rosalind Russell, the actress from the 1940s. And that's a great suggestion, had we a time machine, because Russell was a great actress, but it also made me think of the actress that reminds me of my own mental picture of Jadis, especially in MN before she eats the silver apple: Ava Gardner.

I don't know if I would actually cast her, though, because I've never seen very much of her work and I get the sense that she's more renowned for her beauty than her acting.

Now, one person I would have absolutely no qualms about going back in time and nabbing for a role is an older David Niven. I would have loved for him to play Uncle Andrew! He has those large eyes and he would have been so good for the comical side of that character... ahh, if only someone had invented a time machine by now. ;))

It's funny to think that these people were contemporaries of C.S. Lewis... it makes me wonder if he ever had an actor or actress in mind when he was writing a character!

Posted : August 31, 2016 12:45 pm
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

Lewis hated the thought of a live-action adaption, didn't he? as the special effects of the 1950s were too primitive.

Posted : September 7, 2016 10:32 pm
King_Erlian
(@king_erlian)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm aware that this crosses a few threads, as it includes human, part-human-part-fantasy and pure fantasy characters, but I didn't want to start a (most likely redundant) thread of my own, and all the actors belong in a single post. So, apologies from the outset.

I was thinking about what each of the living actors who have played the Doctor in Doctor Who (TV version) could be...

Tom Baker - voice of Aslan
Peter Davison - Drinian
Colin Baker - Father Christmas
Sylvester McCoy - The Hermit Of The Southern March
Paul McGann - Mr Tumnus
Christopher Eccleston - Miraz
David Tennant - Frank the Cabby/King Frank
Matt Smith - Rilian
Peter Capaldi - Trumpkin
Jodie Whittaker - The Lady Of The Green Kirtle

And if we were able to have the non-living actors as well...
William Hartnell - Gumpas
Patrick Troughton - King Lune
Jon Pertwee - Uncle Andrew
John Hurt - voice of Bree

Posted : December 19, 2018 10:56 pm
JFG II
(@jfg-ii)
NarniaWeb Regular

My Main Cast of ‘The Silver Chair’ (Across Time)

Jill Pole - Jodie Foster, at about age 11

Eustace Scrubb - Mickey Rooney, at about age 11

Puddleglum - Basil Rathbone, at about age 35

Prince Rilian - Brad Dorrif, at about age 25

Green Lady - Cate Blanchett at about age 25

King Caspian - Peter o’Toole, at about age 65

Aslan - C.S. Lewis himself, at about age 40

Posted : March 28, 2019 12:19 pm
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

Aslan- Charlton Heston!
King Lune- Finlay Currie
Rabadash- Yul Brynner
The Tisroc- Cedric Hardwicke
Puddleglum- Ron Moody (in person :D )
King Tirian- Kenneth Branagh
Giant King- Brian Blessed
Ramandu- James Mason
Rilian- Anthony Walters

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

Posted : March 28, 2019 4:16 pm
Share: