Notifications
Clear all

Twin Cities, MN Lion Party

Page 1 / 2
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

-EDIT 12/20/2010-
The Twin Cities Lion Party has been rescheduled for Wednesday, December 22. Come on over for some fun! See the latest post for more details.
-END EDIT-

Hello folks!

I want to officially announce a Twin Cities Lion Party in Minnesota on the afternoon of Sunday, December 12, hosted by myself and co-hosted by Pattertwig's Pal!

Exact time and place will be determined in November.

I hope to see you there!

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 1, 2010 12:20 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

*tries really hard to think of something of substance to say*
I guess Movie Aristotle pretty much covered everything. So I'll just second what he said. :p (Keep it up Chief! you couldn't have said it better.)

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2010 12:42 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

OK folks, it is now just two short weeks before the Twin Cities Lion Party, so it is time to announce the place. This year our party will take place at... the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. Specific time and meeting place will be announced soon, but we are going to have a lot of fun options before and after the movie! In the mean time, please RSVP if you plan on attending. We want to get an idea of how many people are coming. You know what they say: the more, the merrier!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 27, 2010 7:10 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

We're still waiting on movie times to be posted :!! , but here are a few more details and options. We thought it might be fun to do Underwater Adventure since VDT is set at sea and it would tie in nicely. It would be an extra cost though so we want to know what people think. It would cost $13.49 for kids and $18.99 for adults, or $12.49 and $16.99 respectively with an online coupon. We also thought it might be fun to do the Amazing Mirror Maze. Admission is $7.95 per person plus tax and the last time I checked there was an online coupon for a dollar off of that price too. Of course we also have ideas for games that won't cost anything. We are open to doing flexible start times, so people can pick and chose what they want to do. (ex. giving a time to meet at Underwater Adventure, a time for the Maze, and a time for games) We want to make sure that the showtime we pick is before 5. I'm thinking it will probably start some time between 4 and 5. As for start times, I'm thinking no earlier than 1:30 and no later than 3:00 depending on what people want to do. Please let us know if you are coming and what options you are interested in either by posting it here or by sending one of us a PM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2010 4:38 am
StBrianofMinneapolis
(@stbrianofminneapolis)
NarniaWeb Regular

Is there any talk of going to the midnight show? I am thinking about going to the southdale AMC for that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2010 5:10 am
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

At this point there is no official gathering of NarniaWebbers at a midnight showing (a party during the daytime was more convenient) however we have talked about midnight showings and I think that for those of us who are attending one, each individual will end up going to the theater closest to them. There's not much chance for talk after the movie and nobody really wants to spend an hour or two driving at two in the morning. That being said, if you and other NarniaWebbers want to meet for a midnight show, go for it!

The official party is still planned for the afternoon of December 12 at the Mall of America. We are expecting the theater to update its showtimes within the next few days, so stay tuned to this thread for more details.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 3, 2010 8:52 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

The theater has finally announced the show times! We are planning on attending the 4:15 showing. http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=11453&rdate=12%2F12%2F2010
Please purchase your own ticket. The show will be in 3D because the theater doesn't offer 2D.

Here is a schedule of events.
2:00 - 3:30 Underwater Adventure (there are coupons online). We will meet at Underwater Adventure at 2.
3:30 - 4:00 Games - (location to be announced later. We will probably meet at a food court)
4:00 - line up at the theater.
6:15ish - discussion and dinner (at a food court specific location will be announced later)

Feel free to come at anytime during the event. If you have already seen the movie and don't want to see it again, you are welcome to come for the discussion. Please let us know if you are coming and what time. (Of course we won't say sorry you didn't RSVP you can't be here but it does help to know in advance how many people are coming and when to expect them)

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2010 1:46 am
the4signs[repeat]
(@the4signsrepeat)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hello fellow Upper Midwest Narnia fans!
(That is to say, fans who live in the Upper Midwest of the United States... I'm not suggesting that we are fans from the Upper Midwest portion of Narnia... )
I just wanted to let you know that I will be at the Lion Party too. I'm looking forwar to it. :)

Grammatical garden or the Arbour of Accidence pleasantly open'd to Tender Wits by Puverulentus Siccus

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2010 9:43 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

Great, the4signs[repeat]. I'd wondered if you'd be coming.
Update on locations: We will use the south food court to meet for games and to eat after the movie. If I'm reading the maps right, it is below the theater.
Also, if you have a digital camera, bring it with. It will be helpful (but not necessary) for one of the games we are planing. A camera phone will work too.

Finally, we thought it would be fun to dress up a little. Nothing terribly fancy but something along the lines good Sunday clothes / church clothes.

Edit: One more thing. Although I'm not fond of being labeled (correctly or incorrectly), MA and I will have name tags on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 9, 2010 2:43 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Just to clarify, the food court we'll be meeting at is below the theaters and above LEGO land. We'll try our best to find a table near the railing, so look for us there. We'll be wearing name tags with our avatars. ;) Also, if you'd like a nametag with your avatar made for you, just let me know!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 9, 2010 6:52 pm
the4signs[repeat]
(@the4signsrepeat)
NarniaWeb Regular

Good thinking Patertwigs Pal! I was just going to suggest that we dress up a bit. Great minds think alike. ;)

Grammatical garden or the Arbour of Accidence pleasantly open'd to Tender Wits by Puverulentus Siccus

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 10, 2010 9:13 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

":2u2o1dl4]Good thinking Patertwigs Pal! I was just going to suggest that we dress up a bit. Great minds think alike. ;)

Actually, I can't take credit for the idea. It was Movie Aristotle's idea. I just was the one who posted it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 10, 2010 2:44 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

If you live in the area, I'm sure you are very aware of the BLIZZARD going on outside. :-s The Twin Cities Lion Party may be postponed. PP and I will be watching the forecast and will make a decision today. Stay tuned to this thread for more information...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 11, 2010 4:08 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

We decided that if at all possible we will go ahead with the party. If we decided to postpone it, we will post it here around noon. The dressing up idea is out since it is supposed to be cold. Wear sensible clothes. If we have to postpone it, we are thinking of having it on the 22nd.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2010 11:28 am
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Due to the weather emergency across the upper mid-west, we are going to go ahead and postpone the Twin Cities Lion Party. Everyone stay home, stay warm, and stay safe. We'll plan on a nicer day to have a party.

Sorry to disappoint. Stay tuned to this thread since we'll be announcing the new date and time soon. In the mean time, stay home and read a good book. I have a suggestion for one...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 12, 2010 5:21 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: