Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Naperville, IL - Chicagoland Lion Party

Page 1 / 2
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

So, I realize that I am VERRRRRRRRY late to the party (haha, bad pun), but I realized that I never really officially got around to posting more details about the LP I plan to host. So sorry!

Right now, I have plans to host an informal Lion Party at the AMC in Naperville: http://www.amctheatres.com/Naperville/ . It will be either held on the 10th or 11th; I haven't decided which will work out better. I will let you know when I know for sure.

Since this is informal I probably won't go all out and do group tickets unless there is a STEEP discount, but I know that you can buy your ticket on Fandango. They will probably have prices available online about two weeks prior; I will call the theater around Thanksgiving to be sure. :) We can do either 3D or 2D; what ever the general opinion is. Probably, we will end up splitting the group up and doing both.

There is a CPK right across the lot from the theater, and I thought that if we did an early Friday evening showing, we could go out and eat afterward. :) If I got enough people to RSVP, I can even get reservations for us.

Anyway, this is just very rough and informal! No fancy-smanchy stuff to worry about. :) Please post here if you are interested in coming, and I will hopefully have a Facebook page up ASAP!

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2010 6:48 pm
Malfhok
(@malfhok)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ooh… I wonder if I can convince my family that the 2-hour drive is worth it. I'd love to hang out with a theater full of Narnia fans for a change! :) I guess I'll see!

Edit: Ticket pricing-wise, just looking at the prices on Fandango, maybe it'd be best to see if it could be pre-4pm showing. 2D tickets are $2.50 less before 4.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2010 5:04 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Updated with a Facebook page! Not many details right now, but I will update y'all as I find out more.

Hi, Malfhok! :) It would be great if you could come!

The only thing that makes me hesitant to commit to a pre-4pm showing is that a lot of people will be in school or otherwise occupied, and I'd like to be able to include as many people as I can. But obviously as we get closer, I will be able to have a better idea of who might come and what time they'd be available. :)

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 20, 2010 11:34 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Slight change of plans!

The theater I thought that I was planning things for, I've decided not to have the LP at because it's a bit far away. The theater I WILL be holding the Party at is the theater that I linked to before; I thought I was linking to a different one.

Confused yet? ;)

From your end, the location has NOT changed. But since this theater doesn't have a CPK near it like I thought, we'll just have to have the post or pre meal somewhere else. There's a very nice Johnny Rockets across the lot from the AMC (Period appropriate for the English portion of the film, no?) and there's also pretty much every other restaurant you can think of located on Route 59, which is the same street the theater is on. So we can pretty much take our pick. :)

The AMC has posted the show times for VdT on their website, and I'll copy them here:

2D: 10:30am 1:20pm 4:10pm 7:00pm 9:50pm
3D: 10:30am 11:00am 1:20pm 1:45pm 4:10pm 4:30pm 7:00pm 7:15pm 9:50pm 10:00pm

My suggestion would be to go for the 7pm showing. We can do either 2D or 3D; both work for me. :)

However, if the majority rules (what majority? *cricket* ;) ), we can also do the 4:10 or 4:30 showing. I just don't want to have it so early that anyone who is in school couldn't make it.

Let me know what you think!

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 25, 2010 2:27 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

I might come to this, Gymmie! I'm getting a good feeling about this party. I'll talk to the parentals, and get back to you. :)

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2010 12:21 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Ok everyone! I will be purchasing tickets for myself and my family sometime this week (either Friday or Saturday). If you know me personally and would like me to purchase tickets for you as well, please give me a call or send me a message on FB! Or send me a PM. :) For everyone else, I would suggest either going to the theater personally or purchasing via Fandango; I wouldn't risk waiting until the day off since the theater only has three screens scheduled to play VdT.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 2, 2010 1:38 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Just so everyone knows, I purchased one extra ticket for the LP showing (7:15 on the 10th). I have no one to re-sell it to at the moment, so if you're already planning on coming and haven't bought your tickets yet, let me know and I can hold it for you. :) Would have to have a ticket go to waste!

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 5, 2010 5:53 pm
ericnovak
(@ericnovak)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hey Gymfan, are your tickets all sold out or do you have enough room for like 5 more people? We were doing a lion party in Chicago, but had some complocations.

Request Access to the Chippingford Market: Narnia Buy & Sell

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2010 5:24 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

As far as I know, the showing isn't sold out yet (and there's a 2D showing at the same time that some people could go to if so inclined). I'd love to have more people! :) Remember, I have one ticket already paid for (got it for a friend but she can't come) so I'd be happy to have someone who's coming reimburse me for it instead of buying a new ticket so it doesn't go to waste. :)

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 6, 2010 11:00 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Hi all!

Better late than never! Our plans have come together to attend this Lion Party (it would be me, Ryadian, and possibly her younger brother). So one of us could use that surplus ticket, Gymfan, should it still be available.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2010 1:54 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Huzzah! I have people who are actually coming! ;) ;))

Gazer got dibs on my ticket, but I would be more than happy to get more for y'all if needed. I plan on going down to the theater area early afternoon on Friday, but I can make a trip there tomorrow, if I need to. One of us should probably call the theater directly and see how sold out the showing is; my gut tells me not very; but better safe than sorry. ;)

Btw, just so everyone knows, the ticket prices for the showing is between 12 and 14 dollars. There is a bit of confusion in my mind as to how much it costs; I think 14 dollars may be e-ticket and 12 dollars is box office. Don't quote me on that though.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 8, 2010 3:25 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

I'm double posting, so sue me. ;)

Okey dokey everyone, here is the final plans!

5pm We will be meeting at the Johnny Rockets across from the theater for dinner and chatting. The plan is to be out of there no later than 6pm; possibly earlier depending on what the situation is at the theater. It appears that the theater is only having one screen for VdT in 3D and one screen in 2D, so there is a possibility of there being crowds.

6pm We get in line! :D

7:15 The movie starts! This showing is for 3D. I had thought there was a 2D showing at that time as well, but unfortunately the nearest one is at 6:15. :( I hope that won't mess anyone up too much.

9:15pm We get out of the movie. If it's the wish of the general group, we can head back to Johnny Rockets for sundaes and cheers/wailing depending on your mood. ;)

How does that look to everyone? :D Eating at 5 does cut it a bit close, but Johnny Rockets is quick and we can scarf if we need to, or just get something little to eat before getting in line. This theater has great popcorn and concessions if you can't make it to the meal beforehand, or we don't get to eat much.

At this point, I only have tickets for my group and Stargazer. Everyone else will need to purchase their own tickets. My suggestion would be to go to the theater as soon as you're in the area, buy your tickets, and then go to Johnny Rockets or whatever. Johnny Rockets is RIGHT across the parking lot from the AMC, so you can actually walk between the two. :)

Can't wait till tomorrow! :D

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 9, 2010 11:15 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Sounds great! I've never been to Johnny Rockets before so it should be fun.

Ryadian's younger brother will be coming along as well (their cousins live along the way and we'll visit them on the way back here). I'll get tickets for them online later this evening.

And we tend to be night owls so we'll likely be up for a post-movie discussion. (And Rya and I can compare the 3D version to the 2D one we've already seen :) ).

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 9, 2010 12:53 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Huge thanks to everyone who came! :D We had a great turn out; so much better than I expected. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that great fun was had by all! :D

NWebbers who attended include:

Stargazer
Ryadian
Sweeetlilgurlie
ericnovak

And a few others who's usernames I can't recall off the top of my head.

I'm so honored that some of you drove a long distance to come to this LP. I'm sorry I didn't have more to offer! Either way, I really had a great time, and I loved meeting you all.

Spareoom.net

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 10, 2010 5:11 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

We had a great time and it was wonderful meeting everyone!

And it was an adventure getting to Ryadian's cousins' house in that thick fog.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2010 2:30 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: