Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Mansfield, OH Lion Party (Formerly Lima, OH Lion Party)

Page 2 / 2
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Ditto on non 3-D viewing. Like I mentioned above, if the theatre shows both, we can split into two groups according to our preferences, although we'll need to know the breakdown before we purchase the tickets.

Hurrah about cancellations, SOTL! :D I surely hope you can make it. Just wrote you via FB with answers to your questions. (Btw, I love your avatar!)

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 1, 2010 7:31 am
johobbit
(@jo)

Well, folks, only six weeks this Saturday until the Lima, OH Lion Party! December 18th. :D

So, the plan now is to meet at a restaurant (the Olive Garden? :D) around 11:30 a.m., enjoy a delicious lunch with the usual Narnian camaraderie, and then head to the Regal theatre for one of the afternoon showings. After this, since how can be just depart one another's company and begin to head home (a redundant question), we will go out to discuss over hot chocolate somewhere close by. Depending on when the film is shown, the event should be winding up by early evening, latest.

So, who is willing to collect money for the tickets? I think it was between DiGs and ramagut. ;;) I just checked online, and the tickets for Voyage are not on sale yet (naturally, it's a tad early). I've signed up for an email notification when they do become available for purchase, and will then post back in here pronto. At that point, whoever would like to get in on the group ticket purchase, will need to get their cheque/money order to our willing ticket Chief asap. ("Ah, there it is, there it is, Chief. There's the point. No one's got a clearer head than you. You couldn't have made it plainer." ;)))

Anyway, will keep you posted. The time is drawing nigh!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 2, 2010 6:24 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

We stand just two weeks away from this party! Can you believe it?

This is just to let you know that Johobbit and I are putting the finishing touches on the lion party, and will be posting a TON of information here within the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled ;)

EDIT: Here is the promised information!

Well, we've waited, we've wondered, and now, the moment has finally arrived. Here we stand, just a week from the release from the film, and a mere two weeks away from the lion party. Can't you feel the excitement coming to a head!?

That being said, we still need to hear from you. Here is what we know thus far:

1. The Lion Party will be held in Lima, Ohio at the Regal American Stadium Theatre.

2. We will be attending a mid-afternoon showing (starting anywhere from 2:00 - 4:00), and will be meeting for lunch before (and perhaps coffee/ice cream/etc... after). As soon as we know which show time we will be attending, we will choose a time to eat lunch
3. Ticket costs are $7.50 per person. $11.00 for 3-D tickets. Showing are available for both, however, several people cannot view 3-D for various reasons (motion sickness and nausea being some of the side effects). Each individual is responsible for their own ticket(s). Tickets will be purchased on the day of the lion party at the theatre. (We will arrive for our showing about an hour early to ensure that we get excellent seats )

4. Anybody interested in attending needs to PM DiGoRyKiRkE or Johobbit ASAP, so that we know who is coming.

On behalf of the two of us, we are really quite excited about the opportunity to not only see Voyage, but to see it with fellow NarniaWebbers. To those of you who have met NarniaWebbers before, you can surely remember how magnificent an experience it can be. If this is your first time meeting another NarniaWebber, you're probably even more excited than we are (although a bit anxious too. . . which is completely normal).

Two more weeks folks!

Prepare to set sail, and "Onward to our destiny!"
DiGoRyKiRkE and Johobbit.

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2010 2:07 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)

Double posting. I is a mod. . . so sue me :P

This is a reminder that we have just over a week to go before the Lion Party. I cannot speak for Johobbit, but I for one have heard nothing from anybody.

If anybody is planning on attending this, please PM Johobbit or myself ASAP.

Of course, keep up to date with the in thread announcements, as well as the facebook page.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 9, 2010 2:55 am
johobbit
(@jo)

Woohoo, is anyone out there? ;)) The FB link is in my signature, and we'd love to have you join us!

I have heard from a couple of folk, and will let you know via PM, DiGs. But we'd really like to hear from more! :D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 9, 2010 5:31 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)

The location of the lion party has changed to Mansfield, Ohio. This city is an hour east of Lima, and is right between Cleveland and Columbus. This move was done as it is closer to all of those who have confirmed via facebook, and PM's that they are coming, and the location will work better for all concerned.

To those who are coming. . . see you on Saturday @ the following location:

Cinemark 14 Mansfield Town Center
2355 Walker Lake Road
Mansfield, OH 44903

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2010 8:55 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: