Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Mansfield, OH Lion Party (Formerly Lima, OH Lion Party)

Page 1 / 2
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Hey all!

Although we're still debating the actual date, we are aiming to have a Lion Party for Voyage in Lima, Ohio on either Saturday, December 11 or Saturday, December 18. The latter may be better as there is more chance students will be finished exams then. The weather may be 'iffier', but we'll take that as it comes.

Students who would like to attend: when you find out your scheduling for December, please post in this thread here, so we can firm up plans. Thanks!

We will be going out for lunch together in Lima (Olive Garden? :D), then heading to see Voyage in the afternoon, then, for those who can, popping by a snack-y type place afterwards to discuss our thoughts on the film.

Now, and this is important, we need a 'representative' in the States who, when it comes time, can receive the money from each attendee and then order the tickets from the theatre. I would, except being a Canadian, it would be more of a hassle from all points of view. I don't mind doing the initial calling down to the theatre to find out preliminary information, which I will do this month.Anyway, if someone is interested in this (and no hurry yet), please make yourself known. ;;)

Those of you who might be interested in attending this event, please post below and let us know. :D

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 9, 2010 8:28 am
ForeverFan
(@foreverfan)
NarniaWeb Guru

I am most certainly interested in coming to this Lion Party. (Although perhaps you meant interested in being the American representative? In that case, alas, I cannot help. ;)) ). :D

Exams shouldn't be a problem for myself, although my brother's birthday is December 10th and we're having company, so I naturally don't want to miss his birthday. :) In that way, December 18th would work better for myself. :)

Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2010 12:58 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

If I am living in West Virginia in December, Jo, you know I'll be there! :)
I would totally help you plan and be the US rep, but not knowing where I'll be living right now, I can't give you a positive answer. Pray! ;)

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2010 3:29 pm
narnialover101
(@narnialover101)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well, I'm planning on attending this, but I still have to talk to my parents about it. Either date works for me, although I'll probably be having a Narnia party Dec. 10th, and will have already seen the movie twice (Once at midnight, and then again that same day in the afternoon as I've done for both movies so far) but I don't really mind, I just hope the movie isn't awful. :p

(If he's coming) I nominate Digs for our representative. ;)

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)

Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 5:01 am
ramagut
(@ramagut)

NL101!!!! I would love to meet you! :) Now, I have to go to this LP!

I second the nomination for Digs! ;))

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 8:16 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Oh dearie dearie me. . .

I suppose I could accept this nomination, although I nominate Jo as my vice-representative.

I have no idea what would go into getting the tickets. . . but if somebody who'd done it before could perhaps PM me with the details of doing such a thing. . . I suppose I could do it.

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 11, 2010 1:15 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

Simple. Call the theatre, order the amount of tickets, collect money from other NWebbers! Or else do the third step first. :P And figure out ticket prices, of course!

I really want to meet everyone that's going to this party. It's so far away, though, and I'm not too keen on making the drive alone. I'm gonna talk to my parents.

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2010 3:28 am
johobbit
(@jo)

I would be honoured to work with you in this, DiGs. What I'll do is make the initial call to the theatre in the next few weeks, and get preliminary info.

I agree, sweeet (and it would marvelous if you could come!), that to collect the money from the attendees first before ordering the tickets would be the wisest route. That was also the advice given me from an experienced LP planner. *coughramagutcough* :D

sweeet, what if you brought a friend along, just so you don't have to drive all that way alone? *is excited that we will see sweeet in a couple of months, as well, at the The Two Towers symphony in Grand Rapids, MI in October!* (If anyone wants to join us in that, please PM me! /shameless plug :P )

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm leaning more and more towards December 18 for our LP. It seems that most things are pointing us to this date, instead of opening weekend. Can you believe it? The release date is less than four months away!

We'll need to wait until into September to hear from students coming about their exam schedules, after which we can move forward with firmer plans. :D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 12, 2010 3:58 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I have no idea what would go into getting the tickets. . . but if somebody who'd done it before could perhaps PM me with the details of doing such a thing. . . I suppose I could do it.

I'll go ahead and post instead of PMing you and answer it for anyone else who might be wondering the same thing.

I've set up two Narnia events, the first was the lion party for LWW and the second one was for the Narnia: Exhibition last year in Kansas City.

For the LWW lion party, the theater that we chose had advance ticket sales online. If this is an option, I HIGHLY recommend it. Everybody is responsible for their own tickets instead of you having to keep track of them, and it's less of a risk of being sold out when you arrive at the theater.

For the Narnia exhibition in KC, there was a big group discount, so I paid for all of the tickets with my own money and as people arrived there, they paid me back for their ticket. There is a risk in doing this if people decide to back out at the last minute, you could be stuck holding an extra ticket. Luckily with this event, I knew most everybody that was there and where most of them lived :P so I was comfortable doing this. :)

I hope that helps!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2010 4:05 am
ramagut
(@ramagut)

You can do it, Digs! :D

I have PM'd Jo with a lot of the info from the 2 LPs we did. Maybe she can forward the PMs to you. :)

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2010 11:40 am
Miss Rosario
(@miss-rosario)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm interested! School exams might cause problems, but I believe I'll be finished by the 18th (if that ended up as the date). The only complication is that we might be gone that weekend. ;) We'll see, though.

Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2010 2:35 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

Yep, I will do that with your PMs, ramagut. :) And thanks to you, too, fk, for your suggestions from experience. I like the idea of advance ticket sales online, so everyone can purchase their own, but we'll see.

It's 99% sure we will aim for December 18th as our LP date. This day seems to work better all around. And let's hope the weather remains cooperative for driving that weekend. :P

I just phoned the Regal Cinema's 1-800 number and spoke to a staff member who was very helpful. I know I'm really early phoning for a December release, but ... why not? ;)) She said advance sales wouldn't go begin until 14 days before, minimum, so we have awhile to wait. :P Groups are 25 or more. If everyone comes who I have mentioned this to, there would be around that many, but maybe not quite.

Also, do we want to see it in 3-D or not? At this point the Lima, OH theatre doesn't know whether they'll even have both. My preference is non 3-D, but ... I will go with what the majority would like.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 31, 2010 6:45 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

I really don't like watching movies in 3-D, so I'm voting no on this one. It gives me a terrible headache after a while.

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2010 4:06 am
johobbit
(@jo)

I'm thinking if we have a divided group on this, we can split into two: one group heading for the 3-D showing; the other, the regular. Hopefully they will have both! (I know exactly what you mean about the headache, DiGs, as well as some nausea, as well as just feeling constricted, somehow. :P)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 1, 2010 6:28 am
ShadowOfTheLion
(@shadowofthelion)
NarniaWeb Newbie

*hopes to get more info and may possibly be able to come* :D
We had that week's plan open up after something else cancelled this week!
I really hope we'll be able to go, thanks for the help Jo!!!

Without seeming too rude, I would like to respectfully request that we do not go to watch the 3-D version. We're with you guys, it does give us a headache.

"But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus-the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God."
Acts 20:24

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2010 6:30 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: