Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] How to host a Lion Party--the basics!

ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Since there have been so many questions for first time Lion Party hosts, I thought I would write it here once, so I don't have to keep writing it over and over.

1. Make sure there isn't a Lion Party already planned in the area you plan on holding yours.

2. Decide at what theater you will hold the Lion Party.

3. Put your idea of location here in the thread for that purpose (not this thread).

4. If you have a few people that are interested, continue planning.

5. Contact the theater as soon as possible to let them know what you are planning. They can give you ideas of how early you can purchase tickets, if they have a room or place you can meet before and/or after the movie, etc.

6. If they don't have a place for you to meet before and/or after, find a nearby restaurant or something where you can meet.

7. Have name tags with people's first name and screen name.

8. Have goodie bags. (Not a necessity, but always fun!)

9. Bring something for everyone to sign. A copy of VDT is a great idea!

10. Make sure you bring a camera!!!!

11. If you have the option of buying tickets online (Fandango.com), go that route and everyone can buy their own ticket in advance! If you have to buy the tickets for everyone, collect the money in advance. Don't buy tickets for people unless you know them well. They can buy their own tickets when they get there; they may not get into the same showing you are in, but they should've sent you the money! (And keep good records of who has paid and not paid and take that with you to the LP).

12. You can go as simple or extensive as you want. You can have themes, costumes, games, or not. It's up to you.

13. For other ideas, see the idea thread.

14. If you have any questions about hosting a LP, post them here!

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 12, 2010 8:40 pm
A_Narnian_Ship
(@a_narnian_ship)
NarniaWeb Nut

Do all theaters have "midnight premiers"? I am new at this so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I saw the movie....and was disappointed

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2010 9:30 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

No, they do not. Usually midnight premieres are decided by the individual theater based on whether or not they think they can make a profit by holding a midnight premiere. In my hometown, midnight premieres are unheard of. But Wichita (which is where I'm hosting one) will often have them, but I won't know for sure whether or not they'll have one for VDT til it gets closer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2010 9:43 am
A_Narnian_Ship
(@a_narnian_ship)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thank you so much, fantasia_kitty! Please excuse my ignorance!

I saw the movie....and was disappointed

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2010 9:47 am
Share: