Notifications
Clear all

The Movies Thread!

Page 23 / 23
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@col-klink 

I have the 1935 film of A Tale of Two Cities on DVD. It is one of the best film adaptations of Dickens’ books. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2024 7:55 pm
Col Klink liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I rewatched Mr. Holland’s Opus tonight. It was one of the better movies of the 1990’s.  I really liked the story of the high school music teacher trying to get his students to appreciate music. Richard Dreyfus was excellent as Mr. Holland, the music teacher. I highly recommend the film for its fine acting and wonderful music. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2024 8:10 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I wondered if anyone here has watched the God’s Not Dead movies.  Watching the four films I have found them to be quite interesting. They deal with many topics such as atheism, terminal cancer, separation of church and state.  I think they they are quite well made and have some good acting.  The views expressed are mostly of conservative Christianity.  They are quite thoughtful without being overly preachy.  Although some people may think that the films try too hard to convert people to Christianity I think they are expressions of believers’ faith, which is a good thing.  I find them well worth watching.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 18, 2024 7:49 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Is it OK to talk about upcoming movies on this thread? They just dropped the first trailer for the upcoming movie adaptation of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson. I love that book! I made a YouTube video sharing my thoughts on the trailer. If you don't want to watch the whole thing and listen to my irritating voice, here's a summary. I don't love everything about how they're adapting the material, but I don't hate the whole thing either and I'm keeping an open mind.

This post was modified 4 months ago by Col Klink

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2024 10:56 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I'm trying to convince my siblings I need to watch The Patriot, but they said I watched it last year and I should wait longer before watching it again. Eyeroll This being the week of the 4th has me seriously wanting to watch it again and I can't get anyone on my side.

I haven't been watching much tv in the couple months and very few movies, but last weekend the parents and I watched His Kind of Woman (1951) starring Robert Mitchum and Jane Russell. Vincent Price was in it too and played an actor, he was hilarious. Now I kind of want to watch Laura, he's not funny in it, but watching this one reminded me I haven't seen Laura for a few years. 

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2024 8:14 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

Do the people here still watch The Wizard of Oz? I watched it again last night after having seen it so many times, but I never tire of it.  It was made back in 1939, but the limited technology back then does not make any difference in how much one enjoys the film. I loved the original book by L. Frank Baum too.  I would recommend reading the paperback with all of the original color illustrations by W. W. Denslow if you can find it.  The book offers a longer story, although I think today more people have watched the film.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2024 4:16 am
Page 23 / 23
Share: