Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 115 / 125
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

At this point in time, I'm doing two things in Mousehunt: Farming cheese and charms for the event next year, and farming Ultimate Charms with Golden Tickets. 
It's rather boring Giggle But I better take advantage of it while I can before heading back to the Floating Isles.

Who's prepared for the Spring Egg Hunt? I haven't hardly at all. 

Posted : March 11, 2021 12:10 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

During the first 3 days of the Birthday event I did 4 runs through the factory and got 4 Golden Punch Tickets from catching Vincent. I've spent those 4 on decorations - the new Journal Theme, and new cosmetics for the Airship.

The next 4 tickets I got, I spent on an Ultimate charm. It cost those 4 tickets + 187,500 gold, which I imagine is good value for money. I hope to have time for at least 6 such charms, which looks good.

If I then end up with only 3 or less tickets at the end of the event, I'll spend them on crates of Ultimate Luck / Power charms.

What do you think of the Super|Snax+ Vending Machine? I think it's good fun. You get a wide variety of cheeses, and you can focus on the areas that are most useful for you. Here - https://mhwiki.hitgrab.com/wiki/index.php/The_SUPER_brie%2B_Factory_2021#Super.7CSnax.2B_Vending_Machine - is MHWiki's list of possible cheeses in the different snack packs.

I've bought one of each just for fun, and from now on I'm going to focus mostly on Wild West Ranch Rings (with Quesos), Hollow Heights Party Pack, and Riftios.

I had silvered most of the Birthday mice before the event, so now I'm just bringing them further on towards gold crowns. I'm collecting Tickets for as many Ultimate charms as possible. I'm also joining in on Birthday maps, extending the aura (currently till mid-June).

I've even been on some of the Gilded Birthday maps, hoping to get enough gilded coins for the Gilded Airship cosmetics. Not very likely, though - I have less than half of what I need. The special offer was fine, but most people - me included - don't want to spend 3 times as much money on a second scroll.

March 30 is the beginning of the SEH. No charging cycles this year, but as I had stopped doing them years ago, I don't mind.

My first SEH as a new MouseHunter was different, though. I had just reached 6 million gold, and the charging brought me up to a staggering 9 million!!!

3 million isn't half of my gold amount any more ...

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : March 11, 2021 3:09 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Woo, long time no MH-forum! Let's see where I'm at and give an update...

- Birthday event has been profitable albeit boring. It works, though, because I've been so busy IRL that passive hunting is all I can manage, and this event works perfectly for that. I've been spending my Tickets on Ultimate Charms; stockpiling for that epic VRift run at some point. ;)) I've been working on silvering all the event mice; aside from Vincent (who is agonizingly slow, even two years in a row!), I've just got one mouse left that I'm in the 90's for, so will be wrapping up very soon. I actually was convinced the event ended this past Tuesday, so I did my usual wrapping-up...was very surprised when it did not, lol. Guess I forgot what week it was. 

- I haven't done any targeted work on SEH yet, but I don't think I have too much to prep. I will probably stay in FI for the most part, and also work on converting all my Lunaria Camembert into Ultimate charms with the help of bonus eggs. 

- Speaking of FI, I felt very successful/productive during LNY when I was able to convert a ton of Swiss Pirate cheese into seals. I now have enough seals for two maps, which I'll be opening soon. I'm hoping to start a Round Robin with them that I can use to ensure that I'm always on a Pirate map with a high turnover after SEH...since they are the most reliable form of Jewels, it makes sense to me to want to use them as much as possible. I'm not quite at Oc9 yet, but very close; just haven't had time to top it off.

- In regards to the discussion about selling Jewels now with plans to buy them back in a year or two...I think it could work well, but I personally don't think it will play out that simply, and here's why...everyone needs SO MANY and demand is going to stay high for a long, long time. Sure, there are tons of high-value items in the game that have crashed in price over time, but some haven't...look at Ribs. I bought mine off the MP when they were about 100mil..now they're like, what, 170mil? You could argue that it's because new areas have been released so people aren't hunting in QC as much and there isn't that worry with FI for awhile, but I'm not sure. Personally, I think I will hold onto my Jewels because goodness knows I'm going to have to buy dozens off the MP regardless; I know I don't have the patience to farm them all myself.

- That being said, another low-key thing I'm doing these days is gold-farming. See aforementioned comment about buying Jewels above. 

Did I forget anything?

ETA: Oh yeah, I've decided that collecting Airship cosmetics is my new thing. ;)) I have 21; still have quite a ways to go, but it's been fun. I also noticed that I was super close to owning every base in the game; so now I'll I'm missing is is the Jewel base from FI and I'm just waiting until I talk myself into wasting a Jewel on it to buy it. ;))

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Gymfan15

Spareoom.net

Posted : March 18, 2021 9:39 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

Airship Cosmetics is my thing too! I didn't get half enough gilded coins for that gilded set, though ... Sad  

I also collect Journal Themes, and spent a Punch Ticket on that. My Theme collection is almost complete - a notable  exception is the Queso, which requires the gold crown for Queen Quesada. I'm working on it occasionally, and have even got 10 Flamin' and 10 Wildfire Queso from some of the Packs from the Vending Machine. The hit rate isn't high enough to throw all my Super Tokens on those Packs, though - there are good cheeses in other Packs, too.

Gymmie, you said you would "work on converting all my Lunaria Camembert into Ultimate charms with the help of bonus eggs" - how do you go about that? Is there an egg with an Ultimate charm, or with materials for crafting Ultimate charms? I've got several hundred Lunaria Camembert, and I need tons of Ultimate charms for an epic VRift run too ...

I'm also holding onto my Jewels. They may well be like the Rib and be in high demand for a long time yet. I spent my first Jewel on the Base, not quite realising how rare they would be ...

I'm only on Oc7, so not at a good source for Seals yet - there are some Pirates I'm not able to attract. I'd like to be in on a map Round Robin, but I ought to be able to afford one map first (I may not be too far off). We'll see eventually.

Posted : March 21, 2021 3:20 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

In the first few days of the event, I have snagged all of the eggs that aren't part of the Floating Isles. Corky was the worst. Tongue  

Now I'm working my way through the Floating Isles eggs which shouldn't be too terribly difficult. 6/15 thus far. Smile  

Posted : March 31, 2021 9:44 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I started straight on the FI eggs, and I'm up to 11/15 now. I've also been on a brief expedition tonight to get 3 of the 4 non-FI eggs - I'll leave Corky well alone for now, and am back to FI again. Warden of Fog and 3 of the 4 HA loot left.

I'm well pleased with the new pattern the SEH - surprisingly so, in fact. I thought I wouldn't be too happy with the SEH mice as bonus hunts, but the attraction/catch rate is high enough to make it ok.

Not so sure about the chocolate shop. It's a good idea, but the only things I want from it, are the expensive Ultimate charms on the top floor (and fill up with some very cheap ones at the bottom). There are some other nice items, too, but I've already got them Giggle  

Edit:

There are small rewards every time you upgrade to a new shelf in the chocolate shop. One of the items for the third shelf is the new Journal theme. It's so pretty, with eggs and flowers! I'm so pleased with it, and will be using it a lot Smile  

Posted : April 1, 2021 10:15 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I have the non FI eggs. 5/15 on the FI so far. I also picked up the Kalor'ignis egg I missed last year.

Posted : April 2, 2021 8:41 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @varna

One of the items for the third shelf is the new Journal theme. It's so pretty, with eggs and flowers! I'm so pleased with it, and will be using it a lot Smile  

I love it too! Grin  
I unlocked the last level of the chocolate shop today so I'll start collecting the airship pieces and the Ultimate Charms. 
Tomorrow I'll get my last egg that I'm missing and I'll spend the rest of the time in this location getting as many eggs as possible. 
A couple days ago I got enough resources to buy a jewel and then I got another jewel from completing a pirate map. 14/15 towards the upgraded Tactical trap. Maybe I'll get really lucky and get the last one out of a chest. Tongue  

Posted : April 5, 2021 9:16 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
Posted by: @fantasia
Posted by: @varna

One of the items for the third shelf is the new Journal theme. It's so pretty, with eggs and flowers! I'm so pleased with it, and will be using it a lot Smile  

I love it too! Grin  
I unlocked the last level of the chocolate shop today so I'll start collecting the airship pieces and the Ultimate Charms. 
Tomorrow I'll get my last egg that I'm missing and I'll spend the rest of the time in this location getting as many eggs as possible. 
A couple days ago I got enough resources to buy a jewel and then I got another jewel from completing a pirate map. 14/15 towards the upgraded Tactical trap. Maybe I'll get really lucky and get the last one out of a chest. Tongue  

Uhh you mean the upgraded Law trap? Cuz the Tactical one needs 115 Jewels Crying  

I got my Egg Master title on Sunday? I think. Saturday or Sunday. I think it was Sunday lol. The hardest Egg for me this year was Balack, lol...it just took absurdly longer than it should have; I think I missed two or three before I finally caught it, and with my traps that's pretty bad lol.

The most rewarding Egg this year was Corky...not because he was somewhat easy to catch or gave good loot (he actually didn't take that long to catch but it's beside the point), but because in order to catch him, I had to finish my current Epic eruption, and I finally, FINALLY!!! got a Rib to drop! After 651 Kalor'ignis mice. I'd bought my Rib off the MP aaaages ago, so this one was sold for a profit...hello, handful of Jewels. That was really exciting for me.

Thanks to those Paragon eggs, I was able to get my A1 and L1 traps in close succession. Now I'm deciding on what Tier2 trap I want first...I may get F2 since that power type seems to be the hardest to manage at the moment. I've got 9 Jewels? With more on the way, and the gold/SB to buy more...so I may be able to afford it before too long. 

Bee, when I mean converting LC into Ultimate Charms, I mean just using that LC to hunt Twisted Carmines which drop Gur essences...9 TCs equal one Shattering, and 3 Shattering are an Ultimate charm. Also, eggs give bonus Rift pieces in them, so it's a good way to double your loot (although LNY is far superior in that aspect). I've got 34 UC so far and it would be pretty nice to get above 50 or even 100 before starting my epic run. Not sure how realistic that is but I'm in no hurry lol. 

Spareoom.net

Posted : April 6, 2021 9:21 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Two paragon eggs to go and I will be caught up. 

Posted : April 6, 2021 9:44 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @gymfan15

Uhh you mean the upgraded Law trap? Cuz the Tactical one needs 115 Jewels Crying  

Oh yes, didn't I mention I came into a large sum of money lately? Har har har. No, I meant the Law trap. *sigh* 

Posted : April 6, 2021 12:36 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Just opened up a HAI chest and got my 15th jewel. Hooray! So the STINGER trap is now checked off the list. Three more traps to go. (Maybe in five years or so? Hahaha)

Posted : April 10, 2021 5:46 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Finally got enough chocolate to buy my first Ultimate Charm yesterday. Hoping for two more before the end of the event, but that may be wishful thinking. 

I also had to laugh that I got a jewel out of a low altitude chest today. 1/30 towards the upgraded Forgotten trap. Tongue  

Posted : April 12, 2021 4:58 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

It's amazing how "quickly" Ultimate Charms come along when you try for them...I've got 35 now, which is not a ton, but way more than I've ever had before; that's for sure.

I finally got enough glass/ore to upgrade to Oc9, so that's great to have done! I'll probably cycle for two keys and get my Richey and call it a day...will be nice to have all boxes filled again.

I've been using the Seals that I gathered during LNY to join a map round robin, and will be doing another after this...will net 10 Jewels that way, and I've got enough gold/SB to buy the rest needed to get my F2 trap fairly soon. I'm going to skip Law for now; I've got a decent catch rate as it is so will prioritize the others first. A2 and T2 will be a real drag...but that's my strategy, and I'm sticking with it, lol.

Spareoom.net

Posted : April 14, 2021 8:50 pm
fantasia liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Posted by: @fantasia

Oh yes, didn't I mention I came into a large sum of money lately? Har har har. No, I meant the Law trap. *sigh* 

I at least came into a fair sum of MH gold - a Deluxe Eggsweeper game got me a Temporal Shadow Plate, which I sold for just over 24 mil. No Rib, but even so Smile  

I've mostly stayed in Floating Islands during this SEH. I hope that the extra glass/ore should move me a bit closer to Oculus 8 - I'm still less than halfway there. And I only have 8 or 9 jewels, so nowhere near the upgraded traps - I have the first two of the plain ones, and will get enough HA loot for the third today or tomorrow.

No working for Ultimate charms in Living Garden, but I should get 3 or perhaps even 4 from the Chocolate shop. (About a week and a half left, until April 27, to farm Chocolatonium.) I bought the pretty Springtime Schooner Airship set, but other than that, I only want the charms.

I've really enjoyed the Pirate maps. I have only half of the seals to buy one of my own, but with invitations from generous friends, I'm doing very well  Giggle  

Posted : April 17, 2021 4:43 am
Page 115 / 125
Share: