Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 113 / 125
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

At Valour Rift I've done an ordinary run to get fragments, and am now on another CC run. I've finally updated both speed, sync and siphon, so cores can now go for other projects, and at floor 32 I had the 20 cores for the trap.

I still needed 5 mil gold, though - but I sold a skin on the Marketplace for 9 mil. So I bought the trap, did a few hunts with it, and then smashed it and used the kit I bought from Ronza to craft the Chrome Celestial Dissonance trap.

I'll climb with it for a little while more, and then take a break and hunt in Floating Islands again. I have enough gold for the Law trap. I also have the Bangle, but need the three others.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : September 29, 2020 6:04 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Getting close to O6; just grinding away over here. I appreciate the relatively passive nature of the area; it's make it a lot easier to progress easily with a busy life.

Spareoom.net

Posted : October 3, 2020 5:06 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

One more high altitude island and I'll be 2/3 of the way to the Tactical trap. So close and yet so far away. Giggle Tongue  
But I did get my oculus leveled up to 6 I believe. Whatever extra cloud curd is. I'm still primarily focused on getting the high altitude loot to get the traps, and then I'll focus more on the oculus upgrades. (Focused....get it? LOL Eyeroll )

My favorite thing about this new area is that I'm using very little SB+! Thumbs up Just to convert pirate cheese. I'm getting a nice stash for when I unlock the upgraded pirate area. 

Posted : October 11, 2020 11:28 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

To be honest, I've been completely unmotivated this Halloween event. I suspect most of you are finished by now, and I'm just trotting through the Floating Isles completely forgetting that the event is even going on. LOL Blush I have three more paragons to go before I get my Tactical trap, but I am taking a short break to load up on cannonballs. I believe I only have 250 more damage and destruction on the ghost ships to go, and then I WILL be done and fully able to focus on the Floating Isles.... until the Great Winter Hunt. 😉 

Posted : October 25, 2020 9:35 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

The Halloween event has been blessedly simple to finish. I only went back to focusing on it for a day or two to get the parts to unlock the airship skin parts. I'm working on a big treasure map with some folks, but I've found the FI area to be surprisingly passive friendly. I can usually check in on my trap a couple times a day and not really waste any resources. Granted, I only just caught the last paragons for the adventure during the Halloween event, so I'm not exactly blazing through the area. I'm looking forward to the GWH but I'm not rushing it.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : October 28, 2020 7:35 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Anybody besides me catching a lot of Prize Mice? Or am I just that lucky? 
Snooty Mouse - Oct 21
Treasurer Mouse - Oct 23
High Roller - Nov 2

Anyhoo... the far more exciting thing to me is that I'm a few hours away from my new Sleeping Stone Trap. Party I also feel like Oculus Lvl 7 is in sight. Less than 1000 ore and glass to go. @Gymfan15, I think you are ahead of me on oculus upgrades, are you at lvl 7 yet? 

Posted : November 2, 2020 6:38 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I want to say I caught a couple of prize mice during the Halloween event as well. One was a High Roller, which was unexpected.

I'm still about halfway to Oculus Lvl 7, about 1000 each of ore and glass to go.

I haven't really got a plan for the upgraded traps. I'm just sort of cycling through the Wardens. I suppose I should pay attention to the Paragon loot a bit more now that I've finally cleared the Adventure. I bought the Adorned Empyrean Base because I don't see myself spending much time in the VRift upgrading the Prestige Base at this point, so I'm not as far ahead in Paragon loot and such as I might otherwise be.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : November 3, 2020 7:54 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @fantasia

Anyhoo... the far more exciting thing to me is that I'm a few hours away from my new Sleeping Stone Trap. Party

And check. Yay! Next trap on my list is the Thought Manipulator Trap for the Forgotten area, then Arcane, with Law last. 

Posted by: @shastastwin

I'm still about halfway to Oculus Lvl 7, about 1000 each of ore and glass to go.

I'm only the teeniest bit ahead of you. I have not at all focused on collecting ore and glass because I've been working on getting the traps as quickly as possible. But after Oculus Lvl 7, that's going to have to change. 8000 + 10000 of each for the final two upgrades is a LOT. At the very least I should take advantage of the Paragon loot drops where I am (occasionally) getting +8 loot each hunt. That's worth sticking around and pulling in the loot for the amount of time I can stay in there. 

Smile

Posted : November 3, 2020 8:28 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

This morning I decided I had enough gold stored up to go over to the Valour Rift and purchase the last two pages for my trap-buffing codex. 😀 So now I'm officially done in the VRift and I don't see myself going back there again, unless it's for treasure map purposes.

And speaking of treasure maps, I'm finding that I'm having the same problem with those that I had with the Halloween event. I just want to hunt in the Floating Isles! Stop coming out with new stuff! LOL But I suspect I'll have at least a year to get the new bases...both of which look quite nice I might add! Especially the Labyrinth one. 

One final thing worth noting, I got my third jewel out of a low altitude chest yesterday. 222 more to go. 😛

Posted : November 7, 2020 6:52 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

I just got to O7 yesterday, so not super duper ahead of anyone else. My strategy has been pretty much the same the whole time...I do LAI as fast as possible..shrine in the first box; will shuffle if not; try to have full boxes but I'll go with 3 if necessary. I've sort of been saving Bottled Wind/Stones because I read somewhere that they're better used for special loot gathering like Seals once O8 is unlocked, but I honestly haven't looked into it that much. I'll bail the LAI once I have the chest. With HAI, I go for full boxes with shrine first, picking whatever loot I happen to need. I always stay for the full number of hunts because it's the best way to farm supplies. I suspect that's why I'm "slower" in terms of Paragon loot because I have done less HAI overall but have gotten more glass/ore/curd because I've stayed in HAI longer. I've got 126 Sky Pirate cheese which I'm saving for once I've got the rest of the Pirates unlocked and can start collecting seals for maps. I'm friends with a lot of high-level hunters but I haven't found my way onto a Pirate map yet; that would be fun just because I'm curious to see what loot they give.

I'm 4 Paragon away from the first Tactical trap, and I have 2 AEJ so far. Will for sure be here for a very long time. ;)) Not to mention how much gold I'm going to have to raise for all the traps! Egads. I remember when I used to have disposable gold income and spent so much on the MP to help speed things up, lol. At least I don't feel the need to do that now because honestly, spending gold doesn't speed you up much unless you're VERY rich and can buy AEJ. And even then, that just speeds up your acquisition of traps, not really levels.

Technically I'm done with VRift and have no in-game reason to go back, but I had figured I'd do one more UUU because I "only" have reached 12 Total Eclipses. But really, it's just a matter of being able to squeeze out 2 more luck, MAYBE 4, and it would cost a lot and I've got quite a bit of gold to save up for the new traps. So yeah, I'm probably done there and won't go back unless I finish FI and get bored. ;))

I do want to take a break from FI and do some maps at some point, but not really sure when. 

ETA: I am 28% Elder...anyone want to take bets on which will happen first: reach Sage or finish FI? ;))

This post was modified 3 years ago by Gymfan15

Spareoom.net

Posted : November 10, 2020 9:05 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @gymfan15

ETA: I am 28% Elder...anyone want to take bets on which will happen first: reach Sage or finish FI? ;))

Finish = You get all of the traps? Then I say Sage, quite handily. 😉 But I've also avoided the spoilers of what the top level mice will drop. Maybe that will speed things up quite rapidly. Plus, there's always a big boost from the GWH + CNY events. 

Working on an Elite Treasure map with a few friends at the moment. I noticed both the map I'm on and another I was invited to have Shattered Carmines on them. That's not a location I have a hoard of supplies stashed, so completing an Elite map will likely be a rare occasion. I don't know anybody who's going to want to sit in that area and farm essences and herbs to keep those maps going. I can't think of a single other mouse that would take so long to get. So if you all see an Elite map that doesn't have a Shattered Carmine (or her two cohorts), let me know. 😉 

In other Floating Islands news, I'm 1/3 of the way to the Forgotten Trap. 

Posted : November 15, 2020 12:43 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Three weeks later, I just snagged the Forgotten Trap. Smile Arcane is next. And I'm 9/16 of the way to Oculus Lvl 8!!! LOL  

I haven't seen or heard yet, have they said when the GWH is starting? Next week or two weeks from now? 

Posted : December 7, 2020 3:05 pm
dracula
(@dracula)
NarniaWeb Regular

I like the floating isles, we needed a high level area that will take time to finish.  Apparently we will all need 225 jewel to get all of the traps.

Hopefully the spring egg hunt will help, I hope to do more of stick up on pirate curds for seh and have the oculus finished by then, it will depend on how good the eggs are.

As for the great winter hunt, it reminds me of going to an all you can eat buffet at Vegas, it’s fun and helps progress and load up on phat loot.  

My current goal is to get 350 lactrodectous Lancashire cheese from whisker rift golems for lunar new year, and get 1000 or more rift ultimate lucky power charms for a future rift area.  If I achieve all of that the rest of the golems will go to mousu Picchu for more tooth

I was sending golems to floating isles but most of the loot is non tradable like the ult luck or ult power charms, while those are nice, I have so many festive ult charms already,

hope you all have a good holidays season

Posted : December 21, 2020 9:27 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @dracula

As for the great winter hunt, it reminds me of going to an all you can eat buffet at Vegas

LOL, I love that comparison. 

I hope you have accomplished all of your goals so far @dracula. Smile  

I've tried something different this year, instead of constantly using up all of my snowballs at the regular Snowball Showdown, I decided to save them up to buy the Dust for the upgraded showdowns. While I've been happy to get the extra magic hats here and there, I haven't ever compared the rest of the loot I've gotten in the past to the upgrade loot from this year, so I have no idea if it's better or not. Tongue  

And after getting loads of loot for the Floating Isles, I did switch one golem to the Living Garden to stock up on essences for future Elite Maps. Unfortunately I haven't considered if there are other locations I'd like to gather resources from, so hopefully I don't miss anything else before the end of the event. 

Other than the 2021 New Years Codex and Base, I'm done with the event and just milking supplies for all they're worth. Smile  

Posted : December 30, 2020 11:42 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I've gotten four of the jewels for the floating islands so far. Not counting on more, but it would be nice. Trying to get the codex and stock up on FI stuff, valor rift, and charms.

Posted : December 30, 2020 3:10 pm
Page 113 / 125
Share: