Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] St. Valentine: Saint of lovers, beekeepers, and Bishop of Narnia?

Stylteralmaldo
(@stylteralmaldo)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Ok, so I was having a conversation with my daughter about patron saints and the topic of the feast day for Saints Cyril and Methodius (patron saint of the Slavic peoples) came up.

As someone who attended Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic grade school as a youth, I was well-acquainted with these Saints....particularly since their feast day is celebrated on February 14....and as just about everyone knows, that day is also St. Valentine’s Day. I have known for many years that not much is known about St. Valentine, but what I didn’t realize was that apparently, according to legend, he was the bishop of Narnia....um....not *that* Narnia, but the Narni (Narnia) located in Rome during the days of the Roman Empire.

Anyway, I thought I’d share this discovery with my friends at Narniaweb.

Other tidbits about St. Valentine: besides being considered the patron saint of lovers, he is also considered the patron of epileptics and beekeepers.

Source:

https://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=159

My nickname emoji: :@)

...Let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity,...with instruction about ablutions, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. (Hebrews 6:1-2)

Topic starter Posted : March 20, 2021 10:43 am
Share: