Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Save the Date

Page 5 / 9
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

During this week in 1971, Apollo 14 became the third successful lunar landing mission.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 6, 2020 4:27 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Today is World Down Syndrome day, by virtue of it being 3/21 or 21/3 (referring to 3 copies of the 21st chromosome). :) Today is very near and dear to my heart since my older brother has Down Syndrome and he has brought so much joy to our lives.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2020 6:45 am
johobbit liked
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

May 17 (Syttende Mai) is Norway's national day, commemorating the signing of its constitution back in 1814. There is enough of a Norwegian population in Minnesota that (at least when I was growing up decades ago) there were some parades and celebrations in some of the small towns nearby.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2020 8:26 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

'Tis forty years since Mount St Helens blew her top.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2020 5:44 am
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

On July 1st, 1863, the tide of the Civil War was turned when Confederate forces were halted in their final invasion of the north at the decisive battle of Gettysburg.

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2020 10:23 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Happy Independence Day!!! US flag US flag US flag  

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 3:24 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

13 years ago today (August 1, 2007), the Interstate 35W bridge near downtown Minneapolis collapsed into the Mississippi River during rush hour. Due to road construction some lanes were closed, reducing the number of cars on the bridge. 13 people died and over 100 others were seriously injured. Replacing it was a priority since it's the busiest bridge in the state.

I was in line with friends at a fast-food restaurant when we heard the news. I'd driven over that bridge dozens of times in the past without giving it a second thought.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 9:06 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Three years ago today, on August 21, 2017, a total solar eclipse crossed the US from west to east, allowing millions to see one of nature's rarest and most spectacular sights. I enjoyed watching it from central Missouri with NarniaWebbers.

On this date in 1883, a tornado (estimated to be an F5) destroyed much of Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo brothers and the Sisters of Saint Francis partnered to administer aid, eventually leading to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic and hospitals there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 21, 2020 3:52 pm
Narnian78 and coracle liked
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

Tomorrow be International Talk Like a Pirate Day me hearties!  (Ahoy, yo ho, avast, shiver me timbers, etc.) Pirate Pirate Pirate Pirate  

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 18, 2020 4:36 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

Today is International Coffee Day! Thumbs up I think I should go drink more coffee to celebrate. Giggle  

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 29, 2020 11:44 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Oh dear, and here I am drinking tea... blasphemy, obviously. Tongue (I just don't like the taste of coffee.)

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 29, 2020 2:32 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

@courtenay, that leaves more coffee for those of us who enjoy it and enjoy it we did.  Wink  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2020 12:08 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @snowangel

@courtenay, that leaves more coffee for those of us who enjoy it and enjoy it we did.  Wink  

SnowAngel

Fair enough. Thumbs up Is there an International Ice Cream Day as well?? I'm just eating some right now...

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2020 12:16 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Sorry, I don't drink coffee either. I'm with Courtenay - bring on the ice cream! I can't speak for UK or Australia, but the US apparently has National Ice Cream Day the third Sunday in July (in the midst of summer heat here).

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2020 1:06 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

I am not a coffee drinker ('though I thoroughly enjoy the scent of a brewing pot) nor am I a huge ice cream fan. For me, bring on the chocolate! LOL (Is there a Chocolate Day? Hmmm )

Enjoy that coffee, SnowAngel, and others! Giggle  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2020 1:12 pm
Page 5 / 9
Share: