Notifications
Clear all

Save the Date  

Page 5 / 5
  RSS
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

During this week in 1971, Apollo 14 became the third successful lunar landing mission.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 6, 2020 4:27 pm
Ryadian
(@ryadian)
Member Moderator

Today is World Down Syndrome day, by virtue of it being 3/21 or 21/3 (referring to 3 copies of the 21st chromosome). :) Today is very near and dear to my heart since my older brother has Down Syndrome and he has brought so much joy to our lives.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2020 6:45 am
johobbit liked
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

May 17 (Syttende Mai) is Norway's national day, commemorating the signing of its constitution back in 1814. There is enough of a Norwegian population in Minnesota that (at least when I was growing up decades ago) there were some parades and celebrations in some of the small towns nearby.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2020 8:26 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

'Tis forty years since Mount St Helens blew her top.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2020 5:44 am
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet)
NarniaWeb Junkie

On July 1st, 1863, the tide of the Civil War was turned when Confederate forces were halted in their final invasion of the north at the decisive battle of Gettysburg.

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 10:23 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Happy Independence Day!!! US flag US flag US flag  

He who counts the stars and calls them by their names is in no danger of forgetting His own children. — C.H. Spurgeon

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 3:24 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

13 years ago today (August 1, 2007), the Interstate 35W bridge near downtown Minneapolis collapsed into the Mississippi River during rush hour. Due to road construction some lanes were closed, reducing the number of cars on the bridge. 13 people died and over 100 others were seriously injured. Replacing it was a priority since it's the busiest bridge in the state.

I was in line with friends at a fast-food restaurant when we heard the news. I'd driven over that bridge dozens of times in the past without giving it a second thought.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 9:06 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: