Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Needing Narnian inspired names starting with H

IwishIwasinNarnia
(@iwishiwasinnarnia)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Looking for male and female names inspired by Narnia for a German Shepherd puppy I am bringing home in the future. I've always wanted to name a dog after a beloved series of mine so I am of course going to start with Narnia! Names don't have to be strictly Narnian and anything unique is welcomed. Only catch is it must start with the letter !  🌻 

Topic starter Posted : April 15, 2022 10:45 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

@iwishiwasinnarnia , hello!

How fun! Are you looking for boy names? Girl names? Are you wanting specific names like Hwin? Something general like Hermit? something punny like Hairavis?

Posted : April 16, 2022 6:09 am
johobbit liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@iwishiwasinnarnia 

What about Jewel or Reepicheep? What about Fledge? There are ton of options for Narnian names.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

Posted : April 16, 2022 11:18 am
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

Okay - well for a girl, Helen might work (first Queen of Narnia!)

For a boy - if you're feeling adventurous - you could try Hogglestock (after the Hedgehog who pledged his people to Prince Caspian's cause during the War of Deliverance!)

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

Posted : April 16, 2022 12:56 pm
fledge1
(@fledge1)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hwin. She is actually my favorite Narnia Character now. Funny how that changes over time and as we get older and re-read the stories. 

I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis

Posted : April 26, 2022 7:53 am
Courtenay liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Hunter, short for Trufflehunter, the loyal badger.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 2, 2022 7:29 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

@iwishiwasinnarnia 

Harfang would be a good Narnian themed name for a Dog... It kind of sounds German as it is, so it would work well for a German Shepherd, whilst the "fang" part is also kind of indicative of a dog

https://narnia.fandom.com/wiki/Harfang

Out of interest, was there any reason for the letter "H" in particular?

Posted : May 3, 2022 12:35 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @icarus

Out of interest, was there any reason for the letter "H" in particular?

Certain breed registries have naming protocols. With German Shepherds, they go through the alphabet in order, so all the registered puppies this year will start with "H." Next year it'll be "I" names, and so forth.  Of course, you can call the dog whatever you want at home, it's just his official name that must start with a specific letter.

Some horse breeds have a similar convention, but the ones I've heard of require the first letter of the sire's name (e.g., Lippizaners, Hanoverians)

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : May 4, 2022 10:54 am
icarus liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Oh, how about, "Hyaline"? The Pevensies' ship in the Golden Age was the Splendour Hyaline.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 4, 2022 7:13 pm
fantasia liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

How about Harpha? It was the name of Emeth's father, but I think it could work for either male or female.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

Posted : May 4, 2022 8:57 pm
fantasia liked
Share: