Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Mod of the Week: PrinceCor004

Page 1 / 5
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

It's that time again! Time for another round of Mod of the Week!! :D Given my semi-newbie status as a Mod, I was *ahem* "privileged" with being the first person for this new and improved MotW. ;))

Before we get started, there are some new rules in effect that will hopefully make this thread more manageable (for me) and more fun (for the the rest of y'all):

*This topic's purpose is to get to know a mod, so please consider your questions rather than just randomly rhyming them off
*a maximum of 5 questions per post; once you have posted, you cannot post again for 48 hours
*6 members can post questions each day. Once that limit has been reached, no more questions until the next day.

Now that that's over with, on to the fun part!

------------------

Name: Bennett

Nickname(s): Cor, PrinceCor, Cory (by Djaq), Prince, Eugene (by Mountie), Soundtrack Man or Soundtrack Guy, etc.

Personal info: Born and raised in the Southern United States, homeschooled through most of my school years till college. Only child and currently unemployed, though I do help my Dad with his business.

Professional info: Moderator on this fine forum and blog writer/film score reviewer.

Physical Stats: 6'3", moderate build, shoulder length hair that is kinda dark blonde but has natural highlight according to others, blue eyes and white skin.

Most embarrassing moment in last 12 months: I try to refrain from having these and currently cannot think of any or any that would be worth jotting down for y'all.

History on Narniaweb: First heard about Narniaweb through my father who stumbled across it waaay back in 2005 when LWW was coming out. Didn't realize it had a forum until later and then joined in January 2006. After joining, I promptly forgot about it for over a year. ;)) When I returned, I mostly hung out in Ditto Town (the Town Square to be exact) and the Spare Oom (they have a general movie thread!! :D ). On August, 2011 I was approached about becoming a Mod. After giving it careful thought I accepted and viola! Here I am today.

What I like best about NarniaWeb: Clearly the people, for without you guys and girls, there would be no NW. Also the wide variety of topics and discussion mixed with the great atmosphere of open, yet very family friendly... ness.

Rule most often forgotten by me: Umm.... *racks brain*.... in the early days it was substance in my posts. ;))

Favorite NW memory: The good ol' days in the Town Square on the old forums and all the mischief on April 1st's.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Topic starter Posted : January 30, 2013 7:39 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Oh, you all have taken all of the fun out of it, only 5 questions? :-o :p Can't set any records that way!

Let's see....
1. What are your top 5 soundtracks?
2. Have you reviewed any of the Medal of Honor soundtracks?
3. Do you listen to any music that isn't a soundtrack?
4. What's your favorite nickname?
5. Rain or snow?

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Posted : January 30, 2013 10:30 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

1. In your opinion, who is a better director -- Peter Jackson or Joss Whedon?
2. What originally got you interested in soundtracks?
3. What is your favorite Beatles song?
4. Which do you prefer -- the Beatles or Led Zeppelin?
5. What is your favorite foreign country?

~Riella =:)

Posted : January 30, 2013 11:36 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

Eh, it was done to keep our sanity plus we do have lives outside of NW, ya know (yes, bug shock there). ;) ;))

1. What are your top 5 soundtracks?
2. Have you reviewed any of the Medal of Honor soundtracks?
3. Do you listen to any music that isn't a soundtrack?
4. What's your favorite nickname?
5. Rain or snow?

1. You'd just have to start this off with a tricky one, wouldn't you? ;) Currently my tops five are:
Legends of the Fall (Horner)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Goldsmith)
Copycat (Young)
Legend (Goldsmith)
Vertigo (Herrmann)

The above list could change within the month, week or day, though. ;))

2. So far, no. I haven't gotten around to reviewing any video game scores mostly because I'm not a huge gamer. I might have to look into them, though.

3. Oh yes! :) I listen to a variety of stuff including Classic Rock, Taylor Swift, Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Croce, The Beatles, Paul McCartney, some classical pieces, pop music from the 60's-mid 80's, etc.

4. "Cor" is the one I'm most used to, but probably "Eugene" mostly because it's an inside joke.

5. Since we hardly get any snow down here... I'll go with rain. :)

------------------------------

1. In your opinion, who is a better director -- Peter Jackson or Joss Whedon?
2. What originally got you interested in soundtracks?
3. What is your favorite Beatles song?
4. Which do you prefer -- the Beatles or Led Zeppelin?
5. What is your favorite foreign country?

1. Hmm... I've only seen the most well-known films of either director (LotR and King Kong vs The Avengers and Serenity), so I can't give a really definitive answer. From what I've seen, I prefer Joss Whedon. Jackson is great, but some of his camera angles/styles have always been a little "off" to me.

2. I'm not really sure. It started when I was a wee lad, but I can't really tell you what specifically drew me to them or why I latched onto them so well.

3. This is like asking an OC fan which song is their favorite. :P There are too many great ones... but right off hand, my favorites are Something, A Day in the Life and I Will.

4. I adore both, but I like more of The Beatles catalog than Led Zeppelin's. :)

5. I've always been drawn to England, Ireland and Scotland. Outside of those, probably Italy because of the great food and architecture.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

Topic starter Posted : January 30, 2013 11:39 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Yay MotW!!!!!!!!

1) What was your favorite April Fools day theme/joke on NW?
2) Do you have any really big interests besides soundtracks or Narnia?
3) Do you like pets? Do you or have you own(ed) any pets? (Hey I consider this a very important question :P)

5 is a max right? Not a min?

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : January 30, 2013 12:11 pm
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

1) What was your favorite April Fools day theme/joke on NW?
2) Do you have any really big interests besides soundtracks or Narnia?
3) Do you like pets? Do you or have you own(ed) any pets? (Hey I consider this a very important question )

5 is a max right? Not a min?

1. I'd have to say BarnesWeb and the fake news that went along with that one. =)) As for forum jokes, definitely this past April Fools with all the multiple accounts, etc.

2. Movies, I guess. Back-in-the-day it was Godzilla and Star Wars, which I still love dearly but I'm not as obsessed with them now. ;)) You can also count Doctor Who in there, though I'm sure some of my fellow Who friends will jump on the fact that I'm not of the "pure faith". ;)

3. Aye! :D I have owned: 2 cats, multiple fishes, 1 ant farm (mostly for science class) and an assortment of turtles and lizards that would pop-up around the house.

Currently, I own a dragon. B-) I also wouldn't be opposed to owning a dog in the future sometime. Not a little yapper dog, but just a good old plain dog.

Correcto, 5 is the max.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

Topic starter Posted : January 30, 2013 1:47 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

1. Have you reviewed (or listened to) Bruce Broughton's soundtracks for the films Young Sherlock Holmes and The Rescuers Down Under?

2. If so, what did you think of them/could you post link(s) to your review(s)?

3. Soundtrack aside, what is your favorite film?

4. If you could dress up as any fictional character, who would it be and why?

5. Which is your favorite Disney/Pixar character?

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : January 30, 2013 1:56 pm
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

1. Have you reviewed (or listened to) Bruce Broughton's soundtracks for the films Young Sherlock Holmes and The Rescuers Down Under?

2. If so, what did you think of them/could you post link(s) to your review(s)?

3. Soundtrack aside, what is your favorite film?

4. If you could dress up as any fictional character, who would it be and why?

5. Which is your favorite Disney/Pixar character?

1. I am aware of the former, but have not heard it, and have seen the later many, many years ago. I do have very fond memories of Broughton's Homeward Bound score, but I haven't reviewed any of his works at this time. Thanks for reminding me of him, actually. :)

2. Read the above answer. ;)

3. Yet another tough question! ;)) I really don't have one favorite movie that trumps all the others that I like, so I'll just ramble off some of my personal favorites that never get old to me:

My Fair Lady, The Dark Knight, Empire Strikes Back, How to Train Your Dragon, Hello Dolly, Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer, Alien, Aliens, Indiana Jones 1 and 3, Tangled, etc.

4. Toss-up with Han Solo, The Doctor (either Ten or Eleven) and Tony Stark. As for the why... because they are all cool characters and I like their respective styles/attitudes. B-)

Not sure what that says about me....

5. Oh dear... Hmm, I really can't narrow it down to just one (yeah, y'all are probably getting tired of me being this way. ;)) ), but off the top of my head... WALL*E and Merida.

Those are the two that I remember the most, though really practically every major Disney/Pixar character from the movies I like are great. :)

Avvie by the great Djaq!

Topic starter Posted : January 31, 2013 1:51 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

1. If you were to meet up with other Nwebbers, where and how would you want to meet?

2. What was your favorite childhood food and why?

3. A defining feature of your Nweb persona is being the Soundtrack Man. If you had to choose another feature of yourself to be that defining feature, what would it be, why, and can you tell us a bit about it?

4. Your dream girl. Describe without using the words "Taylor Swift".

5. If you could be fluent in any three languages, which would they be and why?

Posted : February 1, 2013 6:47 pm
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

Ha! PC, my friend, I've been waiting for this for a looooong time! Mwahahaahah!

1. If you had to be stranded somewhere, would you rather be stranded on:
a. a deserted island
b. a mountain top
c. an abandoned oil rig
d. NWeb on Hobbit 2 premiere night

2. If you got into a fist fight with someone, what soundtrack would you like playing in the background?

3. What film do you consider to be the epitome of underrated classic?

4. Have you considered shaving down your beard to a friendly muttonstache? a Fu Manchu? a Brostache?

5. Can you play Smoke on the Water on your guitar?

Five questions every two days. Lightweight. Pffft! :p =))

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Posted : February 2, 2013 12:47 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

1. If you were to meet up with other Nwebbers, where and how would you want to meet?

2. What was your favorite childhood food and why?

3. A defining feature of your Nweb persona is being the Soundtrack Man. If you had to choose another feature of yourself to be that defining feature, what would it be, why, and can you tell us a bit about it?

4. Your dream girl. Describe without using the words "Taylor Swift".

5. If you could be fluent in any three languages, which would they be and why?

1. i've always thought a NW Convention would be great where all the NWers (or at least the ones that could make it) could all meet up. Outside of that dream, I guess a Mod Moot or some other gathering of that type.

Really, I'd just be happy to meet most of y'all however it happens. ;)) :D

2. Pizza and/or pasta. Not really sure why, but those two have always been my favorite food ever since I can remember and still are today.

3. I honestly don't know what other feature I would pick. The whole "Soundtrack Man" persona just naturally evolved over time, so to try and pinpoint another aspect of myself to be THE defining thing... yeah. I have no clue. ;))

4. O.K... Emma Stone. ;) :P Alright, you asked for it, so get ready for a ramble:

She would need to be a Christian, have some similar interests to myself (a love of soundtracks or at least like of soundtracks is a major plus), be independent yet open to a relationship (obviously), have a good sense of humor, not be too "high maintenance" (constant high price shopper simply "to shop", wears a ton of makeup, has to have a tan all year round, etc.), being a good cook is a plus and being a bit of a nerd/geek is also a major plus.

As for physical appearance, I really don't have one particular "type" here. Hair color, eyes, weight, height, etc. can vary widely. Preferably not Gollum skinny or Jabba the Hutt large. Odd piercings and tattoos are not exactly wanted, but can manage around those....

5. Gaelic: because it sounds so cool and I'd like to carry on a conversation using it.

Italian: Mostly because I'd like to know a language that sounds pretty besides French. ;))

Elvish: It's a Tolkien language. Why not?

----

Thanks muchly for the questions, Wren! I do feel like I just answered a government handout, though. :P

1. If you had to be stranded somewhere, would you rather be stranded on:
a. a deserted island
b. a mountain top
c. an abandoned oil rig
d. NWeb on Hobbit 2 premiere night

2. If you got into a fist fight with someone, what soundtrack would you like playing in the background?

3. What film do you consider to be the epitome of underrated classic?

4. Have you considered shaving down your beard to a friendly muttonstache? a Fu Manchu? a Brostache?

5. Can you play Smoke on the Water on your guitar?

1. A or D. Preferably D... unless this was NW as a real place with all the craziness going on, in which case A (hey, I've seen Man vs Wild, I can survive... maybe B-) )

2. Either The Dark Knight or Predator. The big action sequences of either, of course. And ideally have "Billy Stands Alone" playing as I deliver the final blow to my enemy. *Arnold styled emoticon goes here*

3. Krull and Hello Dolly!. Both have small pockets of fans, but overall get an undeserved amount of hate. Are they masterpieces? No, but they are a ton of fun and know exactly what they are without feeling pretentious... okay, the "Hello Dolly" number in the titular film is very pretentious, but I digress.

4. No, eh and possibly. ;)

5. No, but I know the chords and could if I practiced it some more. :)

Avvie by the great Djaq!

Topic starter Posted : February 2, 2013 2:34 pm
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

1. What first got you into soundtracks?
2.What was the first soundtrack you ever bought?
3.What format was is? A-track, cassette, record, CD, mp3.
4.What's the last soundtrack you bought.
5.What do you like most about being mod?

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2

Posted : February 4, 2013 4:27 am
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

And now for something completely different...

1. Where and how did you first come to have a dragon?
2. What is your favorite memory of Vern the dragon?
3. Do you ever feel that your life in any way resembles the Disney film Pete's Dragon?
4. Is Vern your dragon or are you Vern's human?
5. Did you expect to receive five question unrelated to soundtracks?

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : February 4, 2013 5:42 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Ok not sure I can get 5 in so I'll try for one really good (though it shall probably be really bad) one.

*thinks*

Is being a moderator all that you expected it to be? How is it similar/different? Easy/hard?

Ok so that was more of a three-parter :P Please answer in as much detail as humanly possible (aka lots would be wonderful, but if you can't write lots, just write what you want ;) )

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : February 4, 2013 12:06 pm
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

1. What first got you into soundtracks?
2.What was the first soundtrack you ever bought?
3.What format was is? A-track, cassette, record, CD, mp3.
4.What's the last soundtrack you bought.
5.What do you like most about being mod?

1. For this answer, I will quote myself from an earlier answer I gave Ithy:

I'm not really sure. It started when I was a wee lad, but I can't really tell you what specifically drew me to them or why I latched onto them so well.

2. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (single disc edition). I remember being sooo ticked off that it did not feature more performances of the Fellowship theme. ;))

3. CD all the way. B-)

4. Copycat (1995) (Christopher Young)

5. Hmm... the power it gives me? ;))
(kidding!)

------------

1. Where and how did you first come to have a dragon?
2. What is your favorite memory of Vern the dragon?
3. Do you ever feel that your life in any way resembles the Disney film Pete's Dragon?
4. Is Vern your dragon or are you Vern's human?
5. Did you expect to receive five question unrelated to soundtracks?

1. It all started during an afternoon walk by the Royal Castle. Vern was perched on a low tree branch (he was still a wee little dragon back then) and we struck up a conversation. He inquired as to whether we had a dragon and upon learning we did not, volunteered as the Royal Dragon since he and I were getting along so well. After that, the rest is history as a learned man once said. ;)

2. Probably the flying lessons... though they were both fun and terrifying at the same time. Oh! And the incidents with the tapestries and Royal Slippers. ;))

3. I have yet to see that film, thus I will simply give a noncommittal shrug... :-??

4. Depends on which one of us you ask. ;)

5. I was hoping deep down inside for one, yes. ;))

---------

*thinks*

Is being a moderator all that you expected it to be? How is it similar/different? Easy/hard?

Ok so that was more of a three-parter Please answer in as much detail as humanly possible (aka lots would be wonderful, but if you can't write lots, just write what you want )

In many ways it's what I expected: helping members, opening/closing threads, dealing with forum issues. I wasn't exactly expecting to have to deal with so many problems, though. ;))

So far being a Mod has been... moderate on an "easy/hard" scale. :)
------------

Thanks for the question, Wolfy! :)

Avvie by the great Djaq!

Topic starter Posted : February 4, 2013 4:12 pm
Page 1 / 5
Share: