Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Mod Appreciation Day

Page 1 / 3
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hah! You weren't expecting this! Today is Mods' day, the day when us members come together and celebrate the amazing people who make up the NWeb police force. So lets celebrate!

- In honor of the Mods, we have created this as tribute. We hope that y'all like it. :)

- bigger version. There is a story behind this picture, but I think I'll leave that up to Izzy to explain. Again, thank y'all for all that you do, it means so much to all of us.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Topic starter Posted : March 19, 2013 6:57 am
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

Thank you all for your efforts. That is a really nice picture. We wouldn't be here if you all were not here as well. :)

Don't have much more to say than that at the moment except Happy Mods Day to my fellow Mods. :((

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

Posted : March 19, 2013 8:18 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

*is surprised*

Awwww, thank you guys! Y'all are wonderful. B-)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : March 19, 2013 8:36 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

Keep forgetting about this ever since I started modding. ;))

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL for the lovely poster and just for being the best possible members out there!! :D

Makes our respective jobs a lot easier when the members are so well behaved and just great folks like y'all are. :)

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : March 19, 2013 8:48 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Dittos the above. Thank you guys so much! That is so totally cool!

Posted : March 19, 2013 8:55 am
Narnian_Badger
(@nbadger)
Mushroom mushroom Hospitality Committee

Okay, so you know that really awful horrendous terrible moment when you know something is on the 19th, but you were thinking it was also on a Thursday, and you don't realize those don't jive until the night before the actual date? No...? Okay, well I do. :P

BASICALLY. Y'all have a present. Which shall hopefully be cool. But it is also, unfortunately, not done. :P BUT IT WILL BE. Shortly. Ish. Depending on your definition of "shortly."

But either way, HAPPY MOD DAY! Y'all are the most special, awesome, terrific, wonderful, brilliant, modly (modly is a synonym of fantastic, you know), mods EVAH. ...So much so that I'm even using the word EVAH.

So. Have an awesome day. ^_^ AND LET US EAT CAKE!

youtube

Posted : March 19, 2013 9:01 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

There is a story behind this picture, but I think I'll leave that up to Izzy to explain.

Aaaand here's Izzy come to explain. B-)

So, when we were planning Mod Day, we had a project. A project where we all got together and each contributed a picture dedicated to the mod we were supporting this year. The problem was... well, we couldn't get everyone to submit their pictures in time.

However, this is the wallie made with the pictures that were submitted (click to make it bigger) :

Since we did not get all the submissions, and therefore did not have a picture for every mod on the wallie, we didn't want to make anyone feel left out. So Joe made a mash-up of the submissions, added the names of all the other mods as well, and that is the wallie you see in Joe's post. ;)

Happy Mod Day.

Thank you to all you mods for making this forum such a wonderful, fun, and safe environment; and also for being dear friends.

Here is the avatar and sig set I am wearing in honor of malkah today.

~Riella =:)

Posted : March 19, 2013 9:26 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Thank you dear mods for all you do to make Narniaweb a safe and wonderful place

*coughs* I actually had a submission too, but I sent it in too late but I thought there was not harm in posting it anyway ;;)

and here are a couple of banners I made for some of the mods
(there are more coming, so if you're not here, don't feel sad or bad, you are not forgotten )

always be humble and kind

Posted : March 19, 2013 9:26 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

Keep forgetting about this ever since I started modding.

Ditto. ;))

Wow, I did not see this coming! Thank you all for being such lovely members.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : March 19, 2013 11:30 am
Sheroo of Stormness Head
(@sheroo-of-stormness-head)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks to all the Mods!!!!!! You keep Narniaweb that family friendly site that we can all join together with other like-minded fans!!

Thanks so much.
Sheroo of Stormness Head

Posted : March 19, 2013 11:49 am
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
(@dernhelm_of_rohan)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks to all the mods, who make this both a fun and (relatively, unless you're getting blown up in chat) safe place to be Narnian geeks. For the last few years of my life, this has been a blast every time I log on, and that's mostly due to your wise and benevolent dictatorship. ;)

For Lady Arwen,

Happy Mod Day!

-Anne

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic

Posted : March 19, 2013 11:59 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I was surprised, too - I didn't remember that it would be now!
It's the first time that I'm on the receiving end of this ;)

Thank you so much for doing this for us - for the wallie - and for the cake! :)

And thank you for the nice banner, wild rose!

I enjoy being a mod - it's not a hard job with such great members.
Without you, what would NarniaWeb be?

*joins the celebrations and eats cake*

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : March 19, 2013 2:28 pm
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

Happy mod appreciation day! Thank you for keeping the forums safe and fun for everyone! :)

Posted : March 19, 2013 3:04 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Thank you all! :D Like most/all of the mods, this came as a surprise to me---you all are great!

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Posted : March 19, 2013 5:21 pm
Princess Anna
(@princess-anna)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Ok, you guys are the best... and you must be working on God's timing. I have been mentally & emotionally weak the last few weeks, and sick for part of them too. So, to come on today and see this... thank you. Just... thank you! :((

Posted : March 19, 2013 5:27 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: