Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Homeschooling

Page 7 / 7
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

@mrs-smooshy, I don't know if you have a library with a decent inter-library loan system or not, but see if you can get ahold of The Privileged Planet. 
https://www.amazon.com/Privileged-Planet-Cosmos-Designed-Discovery/dp/B006QOZ1TY/
It's a show about our Earth and space from the perspective of Intelligent Design. Really, really good. 

My kids and I just watched a video a couple weeks ago called Metamorphosis by the same group about butterflies. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2021 3:17 pm
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

We need to renew our library membership.  We live outside of town and don't pay the taxes there so we have to pay $100 a year for a card. Oi.  And last year, our restrictions closed the library and they didn't do weekend curbside which was the only day we could go.  We're nervous to renew until we get an idea of what this year will look like.  I don't recall their movie selection being very big.  It's a very Christian area so they might have it.  I was looking at the Answers in Genesis page and their kids' page but their videos are still all adult-oriented and my kids would have no clue what they were all talking about.  I will have to see if I can find this anywhere.  Even if for myself so I can at least answer their questions.

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2021 9:24 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I guess I never posted when we finished up our previous year. I was probably too exhausted. LOL

Well, we're starting up our next school year next week. It's going to be an interesting year as I will be starting my third kiddo in Kindergarten, so teaching a new kid in addition to the older two is going to be a challenge. Up until this point I was spoiled by the fact my older two are on the same level so I just teach them together. 

And the second challenge is that my baby is going to have to learn to play happily on her own because Mommy will be unavailable from time to time. Tongue  

But one thing I AM looking forward to is jumping back into Co-ops and other activities. This summer we've been meeting up again and my kids have been able to play with other kids again, which is fabulous. Definitely ready to get back to a normal post-Covid time. Smile  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 1, 2022 7:01 pm
johobbit liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I was a homeschooler myself from half of 1st grade through high school. The curriculum we've used were Alpha and Omega Life Pec and Abeka. They are both Christian based.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2022 7:44 pm
NarnianRose
(@narnianrose)
NarniaWeb Regular

I am so excited to find a homeschooling thread! I am a proud homeschool graduate who was homeschooled from the first day of kindergarten to the last year of 12th grade.

My mom has used a variety of curriculum, including LifePac, Abeka, Rod and Staff, and Alpha and Omega. She has also used random workbooks or textbooks that she would stumble across at yard sales, garage sales, or book sales.

I loved being homeschooled because I have the freedom to choose what I wanted to study, especially when I was in middle and high school. As the oldest kid in the family, I was doing my work mostly independently from 4th or 5th grade. Once I was in middle and high school, I was allowed to (for the most part) choose what I wanted to study or what order I wanted to take certain things. Since I loved writing and beekeeping, my freshman year I high school my parents bought me a college level beekeeping biology textbook (which I thoroughly enjoyed), and a Christian writer's workbook (for a writing class).

@@jasmine_tarkheena  it is so nice to virtually meet another homeschooler. When did you graduate from high school?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2022 2:01 pm
fantasia liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @narnianrose

@jasmine_tarkheena  it is so nice to virtually meet another homeschooler. When did you graduate from high school?

I've graduated from High School in 2012, so I've been out of school for awhile. My original plan was to take a year off before college, but life got busy. Then before covid hit, I thought of going back to school and learn how to be a teacher.

I did Abeka, and the classes were filmed on DVDs. So it was almost like being in a classroom.

A lot of parents were homeschooling their children during the covid-19 pandemic. Quite a few parents are realizing they actually like homeschooling their kids.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2022 2:54 pm
fantasia liked
Page 7 / 7
Share: