Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Music: Album Two

Page 93 / 98
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I was wondering if anyone here likes space music.  This would include ambient planetarium or New Age music by artists like Jonn Serrie, Constance Demby, and Geodesium (created by Mark Peterson).  There was also a radio program called Hearts of Space which was broadcast during the 1970’s and 1980’s here in the U.S. I think it is still quite popular today.  And many of the people who like it are classical music fans. I started buying CD’s of it during the 1980’s, and I haven’t stopped listening to it.

Here is the Wikipedia page with more information:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Space

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 1, 2021 12:10 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

Here is some ambient space music with video, which I found quite enjoyable:

It is on YouTube 24/7. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 7:14 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I have recently come across Stash Kirkebride (who voices Hamlet in an audio adaptation of Hamlet and Rishda Tarkaan in the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre adaptation of The Last Battle) with a music career. Who knew that someone who voiced a really mean person would turn out to be a really good singer? 

https://stashkirkbride.com/album/waiting-in-the-wings/

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 26, 2021 4:00 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I'm currently loving listening to Psalm 2 (Kiss Ye The Son) by Brian Sauvé. I'm really tempted to play it on repeat.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 23, 2022 9:58 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

Sovereign Grace Music has a new album based on the Psalms. It's called Unchanging God: Songs From the Book of Psalms, Volume 1Love So thrilled to see it's volume 1. Grin  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2022 8:49 am
johobbit liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

We sang a song in church on Sunday, "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe. I think it's fitting for Voyage of The Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, and The Last Battle. Reepicheep has a longing to reach Aslan's country, as a Christian as a longing for a home in Heaven. Caspian dies, and Aslan with a drop of blood brings him to His Country. Caspian even says that he would be a ghost in Narnia because he doesn't belong there anymore. Aslan's Country is fully in depth in The Last Battle, where there is a list of Narnians who are reunited. We can only imagine it will be like.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2022 8:26 am
fantasia liked
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

Lately, I've really been getting into this band called The Gray Havens.  Some of you may have heard of them.  They just recently came out with a new album, and it's amazing - It's called 'Blue Flower' in case anybody is interested.  Based on some of the song names, it may have also been Narnia-inspired.

(Have You Heard, Tread the Dawn, Rhythm of the East - I'll let you be the judge of that!)

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2022 3:48 pm
johobbit liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

I love Sovereign Grace's music, @snowangel! Do you know City Alight at all (from Australia)? They are in the same vein as Sovereign Grace and the Gettys ... theologically solid and rich songs with very singable melodies. An example is "Yet Not I, But Through Christ In Me":

@glenwit, The Gray Havens (David and Licia Radford) are really of excellence, yes! I'm glad you have discovered them! As you mentioned, they are deep into Tolkien and Lewis, too, which only adds to their appeal. Grin And they're so down-to-earth, as well as being very talented.

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2022 7:00 am
Glenwit liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

As a Disney girl, one of my favorite songs from Disney is "God Help The Outcasts" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It is something I can relate to. For those of you may not know, I have mild autism, so I wasn't good at socializing. There were times I wasn't included. So in some aspect, I was an outsider. I became close friends with a guy who is almost blind. The song helps me to ask God to help those who are not accepted or included.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 21, 2022 6:40 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I have been listening to Leonard Bernstein’s recordings of Beethoven’s symphonies and some of his own music such as West Side Story.  What an incredible composer and conductor he was!   If you are considering buying recordings of classical music Bernstein’s are among the best.  I think most of them are still available and they have the best audio quality on CD.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 3:37 am
Jasmine liked
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Posted by: @jo

I love Sovereign Grace's music, @snowangel! Do you know City Alight at all (from Australia)? They are in the same vein as Sovereign Grace and the Gettys ... theologically solid and rich songs with very singable melodies. An example is "Yet Not I, But Through Christ In Me".

Yes, I have heard City Alight although not recently. One of my sisters played their music a bunch for a while. I really should listen to them again. I normally play audio on my computer and music on my tablet, but lately I have been sharing the tablet with family members and so haven't really been listened too much music. 

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 9:58 am
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I heard a beautiful performance of Beethoven’s 9th symphony last night at a local college (which was the same college that I graduated from). It was impressive considering that I had never heard that symphony before in concert except through recordings. The live performance is much better, although I do recommend the recordings very highly (especially those of Bernstein and Karajan). The college now has a new music building with a fine concert hall, which made the experience even better.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2022 1:56 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

My favorite Disney songs are-

"Someday My Prince Will Come"- Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs

"When You Wish Upon A Star"- Pinocchio

"When I See An Elephant Fly"- Dumbo

"Love Is A Song"- Bambi

"A Dream Is  A Wish Your Heart Makes" and "So This Is Love"- Cinderella

"The Second Star To The Right"- Peter Pan

"Bella Notte"- Lady And The Tramp

"I Wonder" and "Once Upon A Dream"- Sleeping Beauty

"Legend Of The Sword"- Sword In The Stone

"That's What Friends Are For"- The Jungle Book

"Everybody Wants To Be A Cat"- The Aristocats

"Love"- Robin Hood

"Rescue Me"- The Rescuers

"Best of Friends"- The Fox And The Hound

"Part Of Your World"- The Little Mermaid

"Tale As Old As Time"- Beauty And The Beast

"A Whole New World"- Aladdin

"Can You Feel The Love Tonight"- The Lion King

"Just Around The Riverbed" and "Colors Of The Wind"- Pocahontas

"God Help The Outcasts"- The Hunchback Of Notre Dame

"Go The Distance"- Hercules

"Reflection"- Mulan

"I See The Light"- Tangled

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 8, 2022 6:41 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

A prayer song for those who are not accepted or included.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2022 6:01 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

In spirit of "Christmas in July", there's an acapella performance of "Carol of the Bells of Notre Dame", which is a collaboration of "Carol of the Bells" and "The Bells of Notre Dame."

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2022 6:56 pm
Page 93 / 98
Share: