Share:
Notifications
Clear all

fairs, State, and County

Page 5 / 5
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

Went to a county fair last Thursday- the first time I'd been to one in 13 years! :-o
Overall it was pretty good, though the fairs we get around here tend to be of the "let's make an amusement park and stick a few animals in the back" variety. This one was no exception, but I'm a total kid, so I'm not gonna complain about getting ice cream and riding the Ferris Wheel! :D

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2019 4:35 pm
Grandmama
(@grandmama)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wrapped up our busy State Fair week this week.
My son got a blue ribbon for his brownies, which was very exciting for them (I think there were three entries, so there's that. ;)) )

Congrats to your son!

"I suppose the sewing machine's too heavy to bring?. . . I can't abide the thought of that Witch fiddling with it. . ."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2019 4:40 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

For the first time post-Covid, we made it to the Kansas State Fair today. We were there the entire day with our four kiddos and did all the things. I'm pretty tired, but it was fun to finally get out again for the first time in three years. Grin  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2022 7:46 pm
johobbit liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

The local Agricultural Show location is almost walking distance from my home - but I haven't been to the Show itself since the year LWW movie came out - and I found a display advertising the people whose sheep grow the wool used for various garments in LWW, as well as the LOTR elven cloaks (see photo of me trying on Lucy's cloak)

This year is the first it will be held after 2 years' cancellations due to covid. They are offering free entry to children, which is a first. Here's hoping for good weather - it's a late Spring date.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2022 8:53 pm
Grandmama
(@grandmama)
NarniaWeb Nut

This is a bit behind, but I did attend the Minnesota State Fair this year after 2 years off. My sister came from Wisconsin and we had a good time together. We spent most of our time in the Creative Activities building admiring all the quilts and other hand crafts. I entered a hand quilted lap quilt and it won a ribbon--yay! I also entered a baby bib but the judge didn't like it because it had ties (as opposed to velcro or a snap). No comments on the design or workmanship--just a comment that ties could be a choking hazard. It kind of annoyed me since food is probably a much bigger choking hazard. I kind of assume parental supervision while a child has a bib on . . . 

"I suppose the sewing machine's too heavy to bring?. . . I can't abide the thought of that Witch fiddling with it. . ."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2022 2:56 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: