Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Classic Doctor Who

Page 4 / 4
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

Now it has been 60 years since Dr. Who first aired on television. It is the longest running science fiction program on television with its first broadcast on November 23, 1963 (only one day after the Kennedy assassination).  The original series ran from 1963 to 1989 and the new series was broadcast from 2005 until the present. I am not sure how many people here saw Dr. Who in their childhood.  I don't think it was broadcast here in my area of the U. S. until the 1980's. It would have been great if the William Hartnell episodes had been shown here when I was a child. But I had to wait until decades later to see any classic Dr. Who. 

Here are some of the best Dr. Who moments in a three hour video:

https://www.youtube.com/live/pWQ8IP5YH9U?si=u_LCntNI_n9UTCFI

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 24, 2023 8:29 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I listened to The City of Death soundtrack today. I have always liked the television episodes of Dr. Who when they are made into audiobooks.  The audio format works just as well and the linking narration is very enjoyable listening.  There are a number of stories that have been released on DVD that are also available as audiobooks.   The stories are just as interesting as the lost episodes and the audio dramas that were created separately.  I would recommend all of them very highly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 20, 2024 12:14 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I just finished watching the Doctor Who William Hartnell Season Two set. It is a Blu-ray set so the picture is a little clearer than the DVD releases, and there are more bonus features.. It was so nice to view the episodes from 1964 and 1965 again after seeing them previously on the DVD’s. I love early Dr. Who and the first time I saw many of the episodes was when they came to DVD. My local stations did not even show Dr. Who until it came to public television in the 1980’s and they were not the beginning episodes (at least that was how I remember it).  So I am a latecomer to the series even though I wish I had seen the show as a child.  I guess it is better late than never, and now I appreciate the show more than when it was first shown here.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 13, 2024 9:19 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: