Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 2022 Winter Olympics

Page 2 / 2
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

I missed Chen's performance but have caught the highlights since then.

I stayed up last night to watch the women's hockey gold medal game between the US and Canada. Congrats to the Canadians on their 3-2 victory. I enjoyed watching their enthusiasm and joy as they sang "O Canada" at their medal ceremony.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : February 17, 2022 1:24 pm
The Old Maid
(@the-old-maid)
NarniaWeb Nut

Bobsled today!

Oh, and Jamaica has their first female driver/pilot.

It's back! My humongous [technical term] study of What's behind "Left Behind" and random other stuff.

The Upper Room | Sponsor a child | Genealogy of Jesus | Same TOM of Toon Zone

Posted : February 18, 2022 10:12 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @coracle

My interest increased today, when a New Zealand girl won a gold medal in snowboarding. 

It's the first gold we've ever won at the Winter Games. Smile  

Now New Zealand has won a second gold medal. Congratulations.! 🙂

Posted : February 19, 2022 8:01 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @cyberlucy

Has anyone been watching the figure skating?  I loved Nathan Chen's gold medal winning performance.  

It's so funny, even without all of the controversy, I found myself a bit annoyed at figure skating this year. Tongue I just don't like the scoring system. If skaters can fall and take first place because they can rack up a higher technical score over others who don't fall, have perfect skates, but not quite as high as a technical score, then I'm far less interested. I think that's why in the last few winter Olympics, ice dancing is the only version I'm really into. My favorite skaters this year were Madison Chock and Evan Bates. I REALLY liked their alien/astronaut performance. (Sorry Nathen Chen Wink )

Snowboarding in its various forms has become my favorite set of Olympic sports. If I had to pick one, it'd be the half-pipe. I like watching the tricks and combinations. It's almost like seeing someone fly. And I have no idea how they even do it! It's crazy. And (to build off of the previous paragraph) I like how it's scored, far more fair than ice skating. And speaking of which, congrats to NZ on their first gold metal! That was one of my top three favorite moments of the Olympics, when Zoi Sadowski Synnott landed her gold-winning halfpipe run and the other two girls ran out and tackled her they were all so excited for her. Grin  

This Olympics I surprised myself by watching a fair amount of Curling. It's the first time I caught on to strategy involved and that was REALLY interesting. USA Men's team took 4th place this year. It would have been fun to watch four years ago when they took gold, but I still enjoyed watching a few of the games. Smile  

But my most favorite moment from the games was with Erin Jackson. Particularly the story behind it.... of her slipping in Olympic trials to even go to the Olympics, and then Brittany Bowe gave up her spot so Erin could skate, and then Erin scored the gold medal. Grin Yep. I admit, I got a little emotional. 

Anyways, I hope in four years the next winter Olympics will be able to avoid a lot of the controversy from this year. I do enjoy watching them. 

Here's to Summer 2024 Olympics in Paris!

Topic starter Posted : February 21, 2022 3:02 pm
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

I haven't managed to watch as much of the paralympics as I wanted to, but I did manage to catch most of the snowboarding, and I watched the gold medal sled hockey game last night! Very fast and exciting and ending in 5-0 for the USA. Here's hoping for better US coverage next time.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : March 13, 2022 4:37 pm
fantasia liked
Page 2 / 2
Share: