Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Three who died on same day 50 years ago

coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Jack Lewis died on 22 November 1963, the same day as President John F Kennedy. A third famous figure, writer Aldous Huxley, also died that day.

This article compares some aspects of the three.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11/03/three-great-men-died-that-day-jfk-c-s-lewis-and-aldous-huxley.html

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Topic starter Posted : November 19, 2013 7:20 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Here is a BBC report on today's 50th anniversary commemoration at Westminster Abbey of C.S.Lewis' death. There is a photo of the plaque on the floor in Poet's Corner. C.S.Lewis is the first person from Belfast to be commemorated there.

This Daily Telegraph article was in today's newspaper, though it was evidently written two days previously, which is when I asked if they could mention others who died on the same day as JFK.

Posted : November 21, 2013 11:45 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I read the article last year and found it interesting. I still don't have a good idea of who Aldous Huxley was, but I found the comparison of these three men to be interesting. They all seemed to have had different philosophies. Of the three, I wonder who had the bigger impact?

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : April 1, 2014 8:12 pm
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

I know when think about that, I am amazed.

Posted : May 7, 2014 8:27 am
Share: