Notifications
Clear all

What is your preferred reading order?

Page 6 / 6
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@dimitris

I always thought that the wardrobe scene should be the first introduction to Narnia.  It is the best way for people who have never entered Narnia before. And by the way, Peter Schakel was my professor in college, and I took his C.S. Lewis course so many years ago.  We read the Narnia books in the publication order, which is how they should be read.  The course was one of the best I enrolled in at Hope College decades ago.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2021 11:09 am
Dimitris
(@dimitris)
NarniaWeb Regular
@varna

I like a lot to have a Tolkien discuss but to be honest I don't dare. (Ι've read the "fellowship" and I didn't like it). There are so many fans out there Tongue Tongue  

@narnian78

Lucky you my friend! I wish we had lessons in Greece about C.S. Lewis and his work at universities ..
I envy you ! Tongue Tongue  

This post was modified 3 years ago 4 times by Dimitris
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 20, 2021 1:46 pm
Narnian78 liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator
Posted by: @dimitris
@varna

I like a lot to have a Tolkien discuss but to be honest I don't dare. (Ι've read the "fellowship" and I didn't like it). There are so many fans out there Tongue Tongue  

As you can read in my new post in that thread I mentioned, I've  realised that to have an in-depth discussion of that topic, there is need for more knowledge than I have myself Tongue So I think we can share some samples and leave it at that.

I once talked to a librarian at the main library of Oslo. He didn't like LotR much - there was too little mythology in it. I suggested that he read Silmarillion instead - that might be more to his taste. I haven't met him since, so I don't know whether he did.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2021 4:52 pm
Dimitris liked
Page 6 / 6
Share: