Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Total ages of English people who've been to Narnia

coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

This is a slightly whimsical idea: I was just reading in a post that the Pevensies regained or remembered some of their skills and strengths when they returned to Narnia in PC.

They had spent all those years in Narnia, as children and as adults. Oh! What if their years were to be added to their current ages (Susan in PC movie could more realistically tell Caspian that she was [14 + number of years previously spent in Narnia). 

By the end of LB, before they all stepped out of time and properly into Aslan's country, how many years had each of the Seven Friends of Narnia lived?

Hmmm

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 3, 2021 1:20 pm
High King Pete The Magnificent
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

The way you've worded it, sounds like one of those dreaded math qs from school Crying  

But 'm up to the challenge! (Books)

Peter:13 (originally) + 15 (ruling) + 1 (year in between LWW and PC) + 1 year (VDT) + 7 (Between SC and LB) = 37 wow (real age 22)

Susan: 12 (originally) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 7 = 36 (real age 21)

Edmund: 10 (originally) + 15 + 1 +1 + 7 = 34 (real age 19)

Lucy: 8 (originally) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 7 = 32 ( real age 17)

Digory: 12 (originally in MN) + 40 + 1 + 1 + 7 = 61 (real and total age)

Polly: 11 (originally in MN) + 40 + 1 + 1 + 7 = 60 (real and total age)

Eustace: 9 (originally in VDT) + 7 = 16 (real and total age)

Jill: 9 (originally in SC) + 7 = 16 (real and total)

Refs:

Narnia Character Ages - NarniaWeb | Netflix's Narnia Movies

A Narnian Timeline | Scientific Gems (wordpress.com)

These are my guestimations. Might be off by a year since I was basing it off what I remembered and not referencing that many timelines, but I'd say it's pretty crazy that they the Pevensies all have an extra 15 yrs of adult exp under their belt compared to the others. 

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant
A Narnian Fan Survey!: https://forms.gle/cGghFjQyxmA4jPGq6

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 3, 2021 1:47 pm
Courtenay and coracle liked
Share: