Notifications
Clear all

Real life Narnia experiences

Page 2 / 2
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @varna

Even if they never invite you for dinner, at least you may have the chance to see them.

Where I grew up - in a forest area in Southern Norway, with a river running by - there were beavers. 

I remember those logs with the tooth marks where they had been gnawed off, and the tree stumps with the same kind of tooth marks. I've seen beavers several times, and occasionally they have seen me too, and smashed their flat tail against the water surface with a mighty splash, to warn the other beavers nearby against me Sad  

Needless to say, I wasn't invited to dinner either Sad  

Maybe they misinterpreted Mr. Beaver's advice about being wary of anything that looks vaguely human LOL  

I hope to get a photo of one eventually, but something tells me that being surrounded by business parks and neighborhoods on all sides has made them used to only stealing out at night when us lumbering humans are out of sight. There are tons of entry holes surrounding the main lodge, so maybe I might see one peeking out if I stay quiet...

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 6, 2023 10:25 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Slightly varying from the topic, but I couldn't find one more suitable.

In our local online news service I found this:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/otago/131824487/like-entering-narnia-decommissioned-railway-tunnels-set-to-see-the-light

Apparently the idea is that people will leave the built-up city area via one of the reused tunnels, and emerge in countryside, as if they are arriving in Narnia (perhaps like PC or SC transitions)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 22, 2023 12:40 am
Courtenay liked
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @coracle

Apparently the idea is that people will leave the built-up city area via one of the reused tunnels, and emerge in countryside, as if they are arriving in Narnia (perhaps like PC or SC transitions)

The Lion, the Witch and the Railway Tunnel ...?? Grin  Great idea for a cycling trail and for reusing some historic structures, and nice to see the idea of "entering Narnia" is still so familiar in popular culture around the world, over 70 years after the first book was published.

Mind you, I would have thought emerging in the New Zealand countryside would be more like entering Middle-earth... Giggle Wink  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 22, 2023 1:18 am
coracle liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I would encourage anyone who lives and travels in Michigan (the state where I live) to visit the scenic areas. They are like Narnia in so many ways.  I am not sure if Narnia has any Great Lakes or sand dunes, but it has many beautiful forests and natural areas. They are much like our parks, which are great real life experiences. You could almost picture a lamppost in rural northern Michigan or even in the smaller wooded parks of the Lower Peninsula. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 22, 2023 2:16 pm
johobbit and coracle liked
Page 2 / 2
Share: