Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Narnian Male

Page 9 / 9
Mingxy
(@mingxy)
NarniaWeb Newbie

My favourite male character, is definitely Caspian. (Peter a close second!)
The way he appears a bit insecure at times, yet pulls through every time and proves he can do it - I see a bit of myself in him. It may be a little silly, but it gives me hope. :)

As for Peter, the way he looks after his siblings, I too can see a little bit of myself in him as well being the oldest at home.

C.S. Lewis — 'Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen of Narnia.'

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2018 8:05 am
Artorius Pendragon
(@artorius-pendragon)
NarniaWeb Newbie

For a long time Edmund was my favorite character, period. However, after a reinvestigation of the first three books, and the corresponding Walden movies, Peter became my favorite. Having a younger brother myself, and having many of the same feelings and character arcs that Peter goes through, I really relate to him. For a long time in my older teen years I was like Peter for the first half of Prince Caspian, I could be nice and pleasent. However, I also felt like people didn't give me the respect that I "deserved", and so, got angry at them. (which ironically means that I didn't deserve the respect that I thought I did.) Anyway, Peter really was an eyeopening character (specifically in the movie, but also the book) for me of just how damaging my pride is, and an inspiration of the chance of humility through following Aslan, or in my case, Christ.

(To all who are interested, you can check out my book youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC__yqP ... _as=public)
Further up and further in!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2018 8:49 am
Sir Edmond the just
(@sir-edmond-the-just)
NarniaWeb Regular

Edmond an example as to how i am as a Christian.
He was the second to see aslan when peter and susan could not.

But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2018 2:44 pm
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

Whoops! Sorry, I didn't see the poll on the first page! :D

Yeah, so as far as favorite HUMAN Narnian male (which had me confused because few if any humans in the series are actually Narnian), I would have to say Edmund. I can totally relate to his character; not so much the messing with your sister part (I was the one who got messed with in our family back in the day), but absolutely with what happened to him in Narnia. Now as much as the White Witch freaked me out as a kid (which you can read about in my post on "favorite Narnian villain"), there is admittedly something attractive about her (like the forbidden fruit lol). And from Edmund's perspective she really was nice. She got him thinking she really cared about him, enough to take him in and make him a king. She gave him his favorite food, and wrapped her mantle around him to warm him up, and even her magic just seemed really nice. But of course, then she turns a bunch of defenseless animals to stone, tries to kill him, and you know the rest. He messed up, and messed up bad, and I've fallen into temptation too. But thankfully, another thing we have in common is that Someone paid the price for us. Now I loved reading/watching Peter, Caspian and the rest, but first pick? Gotta be Edmund.

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 17, 2019 11:30 am
Page 9 / 9
Share: