NarniaWeb Regular

I pick Arivas she is tough! X(

A Lady of Narnia Always a Lady of Narnia

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2009 4:24 pm
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

Lucy, naturally. Her faith is unwavering. I was going to say Ramandu's Daughter 'cause no one voted for her, but Lucy won the day!

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2009 3:22 pm
Scarlet_Trefoil
(@scarlet_trefoil)
NarniaWeb Regular

Susan won my vote. (Lucy was a very close second, though) She is usually kind and gentle, and carefully watches out for her younger siblings (at least in the books).

~Scarlet

“To love God is to love His will. It is to wait quietly for life to be measured by One who knows us through and through. It is to be content with His timing and His wise appointment.”
― Elisabeth Elliot

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2009 10:43 am
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
(@dernhelm_of_rohan)
NarniaWeb Nut

Many people have voted for Aravis because she's a tough girl. That, she certainly is!

However, that was not the reason I voted for Queen Aravis. I like the fact that in spite of being stern, raised in an upper-class Calormen family, in the land of "slaves and tyrants", she is "true as steel, and would never have deserted a companion whether she liked him or not." And you get to see a softer side of her character when Shasta "saves her" from the Lion.

I also like the way Lewis had her grow from being snobby and lofty, to being kind and compassionate, though no less tough (or argumentative ;) ) than at first. Femininity is not weakness, it's the way God made women.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 29, 2009 11:18 am
Scarlet_Trefoil
(@scarlet_trefoil)
NarniaWeb Regular

Femininity is not weakness, it's the way God made women.

I couldn't agree with you more, D_of_R. That should be in the 'Quotes and Sayings' thread. ;)

~Scarlet

“To love God is to love His will. It is to wait quietly for life to be measured by One who knows us through and through. It is to be content with His timing and His wise appointment.”
― Elisabeth Elliot

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 29, 2009 2:34 pm
redeemedqueen
(@redeemedqueen)
NarniaWeb Regular

Aravis is the best!!!

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Member of the Edmund and Tenth Avenue North Fan Clubs!!!

Member of the pray for Skandar group - PM Benjamin to join!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 29, 2009 3:15 pm
lostin1800
(@lostin1800)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'd say Lucy, but on the old site I did so this time I voted Jill Pole for her massive transformation from SC to LB.

*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2009 9:31 am
DOECOG
(@doecog)
NarniaWeb Nut

All of the Narnian gals have something special about them, but Lucy is my favorite. She is such a great character. She is always faithful (to Aslan and her loved ones), she’s compassionate, and she’s tough.

DOECOG
Daughter Of Eve
Child Of God
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are... 1 John 3:1

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2009 3:41 pm
heeey
(@heeey)
NarniaWeb Regular

My favorite female character is Lucy, because she's loving and forgiving.

Cahoot Awareness

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2009 5:36 am
Lady of the Green Kirtle
(@lady-of-the-green-kirtle)
NarniaWeb Regular

I Love Lucy! As do many others as I can see. She is without a doubt one of, if not the most well developed character in the series (I think she may have been Lewis' favorite as well [feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though]). It's hard not to love her, such unwavering faith and innocence, O:) she's like everyone's little sister. She's even a favorite of Aslan's, Edmund even says that she sees him the most.

That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2009 3:18 pm
Narnia Girl
(@narnia-girl)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Lucy, of course! Who else? :p Lucy's faith in Aslan is amazing, as is her character and personality. :) Though Jill comes very close...

Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2009 8:58 am
Aravis Narnia
(@aravis-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Aravis Tarkheena. No questions asked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2009 4:24 pm
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

I voted for Jill because I relate more to her character for several reasons.

• She is the last human from our world to enter Narnia for the first time. I am a late comer to the Chronicle of Narnia stories myself, having read the books for the first time at an older age than most.
    • She has a fear of closed in places but not of heights. I would be reversed on those.
    • She has a playful sense of humor. Sometimes I manifest that.
    • Jill is flawed in that she stops repeating the signs that Aslan gave her. I have done similar things regarding my faith in God.
    • She has a strong opinion of Prince Rilian in SC and has some pretty mean thoughts about him at first. I've definitely been guilty of that.
    • She is resourceful and brave with the giants at Harfang and as a scout and warrior in LB. More so than I would be.
    • She likes horse and cute donkeys. I like horses.[/list3d5w6qe6]
    I do really like all the females from our world who entered Narnia(and also some of the native Narnian ladies ;;) ). Polly would be second. She really is a great and strong young lady in MN and maybe there will be a poll someday where she can come out on top or closer to it.

Loyal2Tirian
    There is definitely no "a" in definite.
    The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2009 4:40 pm
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

It's hard to pick this.

I'd have to say my favourite is Polly.

1. She was the first to enter Narnia.
2. She was really strong in some things, and her (and Digory's) faith in Narnia never wavered even though they didn't come back until many years later.
3. Her little cove in the attic where she wrote sounded really neat, and she seems altogether like a great girl. :)

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2009 6:43 pm
aslansothername
(@aslansothername)
NarniaWeb Nut

I had to go with Arivas!!!! Being a horse back rider myself I love her for that, and I also don't mind getting down and dirty, but I also love to dress up!!!

Femininity is not weakness, it's the way God made women.

I love that!!!!! That is what I try to teach the girls in my classes!!! God made us girls to be soft and sweet, but after the Fall I think that woman wanted to go against what God had planed.

Want to become an informed American teen?
http://www.t4at.webs.com/

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2009 2:26 am
Page 2 / 9
Share: