Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] C.S. Lewis Celebration

Page 1 / 2
Edmund P
(@edmund-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well, folks, it's time once again, to celebrate Narnia. We had talked about perhaps doing it in November back in the old forum. We had it on March 21 last time.

The person who originally came up with the idea for Narnia Day was Narnia_Fan12. You can view the topic here: http://209.210.60.109/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21611&KW=narnia+day&PN=1.

I'm going to be asking several people to be helping with this project.

We need:
1. People to make avatars/signatures for Narnia Day
2. People top publicize Narnia Day on http://www.NarniaFans.com and http://www.TheLionsCall.com
3. People to just help organize things in general
4. And we need some moderators of Games and Blogs to help us out.

I was thinking that the date would be November 21. That day is the 6 year aniversary of NarniaWeb.com and it is 8 days before the 111 birthday of

Clive Staples Lewis.

Alright, guys, we've got 2 and a half months to organize this! :D :)

I met Georgie and Skandar AND saw the film in one evening.

Topic starter Posted : September 6, 2009 9:06 am
Beren
(@beren)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I hate to forsake NarniaWeb's anniversary, but why not have it on Lewis' birthday itself (Nov. 29)? Or should we have that as a separate day to honor Lewis? If so, then I'm fine with Nov. 21.
What exactly would we do to celebrate? I don't know of any NarniaWebbers in my area that I could have over... :(

Ónen i-Estel Edain, ú-chebin estel anim

"They know everything on NarniaWeb." --Ben Barnes

Posted : September 6, 2009 5:25 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Why not just stick with the march one every year.

Posted : September 6, 2009 11:22 pm
Erucenindë
(@eruceninde)
NarniaWeb Nut

we could always do Narnia Day #1 and Narnia Day #2. :D

My Graphics Site

Council of Elrond - Best LOTR forum
Aliit ori'shya tal'din. ~ Mandolorian Proverb
Auta i lóme; Aurë entuluva. ~ Quenya

Posted : September 10, 2009 5:14 am
Peepiceeka
(@peepiceeka)
NarniaWeb Regular

All for it!!! :) Just let me now specifically how I can help. Maybe we should make the date right in between C.S. Lewis' birthday and NarniaWeb's anniversary. ;)

Posted : September 10, 2009 1:13 pm
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Ooh! Narnia Day! Sounds awesome! let me know how I can help!
I think there should be a Narnia Day in March, and a separate day of celebration for C.S. Lewis.

Posted : September 10, 2009 3:43 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think NaiadWaker has a point. I'd hate to postpone a celebration of Narnia, but it makes more sense to have a day devoted to Narnia and another day devoted to CS Lewis. Let's put Narnia Day in March so we have plenty of time to get ready for it.

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : September 13, 2009 8:01 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Maybe we should have some sort of trivia comp on the day. Like a mod or a member who wants to do it sends everyone that wants to enter 15 questions on the day and the person who replies with the best and right answers wins a prize(whatever that may be)

Posted : September 14, 2009 12:25 am
Narnia Girl
(@narnia-girl)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Oh, the last Narnia Day was so much fun! I'm definitely up for doing it again in November. I think we should have a Narnia Day on March 21 and one on Nov. 21.

Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.

Posted : September 14, 2009 2:01 am
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Because C.S. Lewis has things to celebrate besides Narnia, he should have his own separate celebration day.
The trivia competition is a good idea, but the only thing: It's likely that many people will get them all right. Do you think there'll be time for the mods to send out all those prizes? And is the trivia all Narnia related?

Posted : September 14, 2009 4:57 pm
Narnian1993
(@narnian1993)
NarniaWeb Regular

I agree with NaiadWalker. I think we should have a seperate day for CS Lewis. Most people know for Narnia but he wrote many other books. We should have two seperate days one in November on CS Lewis's birthday to celebrate him and another to celebrate Narnia. :)

~You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.~ C. S. Lewis

Posted : September 15, 2009 6:45 am
EveningStar
(@eveningstar)
NarniaWeb Regular

I have a "Narnia Day" page on my website narniahome.com. Since I'm learning flash animation, I may be able to create some content for it to do fun stuff like select a trivia champion or other somesuch.

And why not have a Narnia Day? After all, we have Earth Day? :D

EveningStar - Mage Scribe
Narnia Home
http://narniahome.com

Posted : September 16, 2009 5:23 am
Edmund P
(@edmund-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think now that having Narnia Day in March and having a C.S. Lewis Celebration on a separate date is a good idea.

I've changed the thread name to C.S. Lewis Celebration.

Come on, spread ideas around. :)

I met Georgie and Skandar AND saw the film in one evening.

Topic starter Posted : September 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

We could do something with some of C.S. Lewis other works. Perhaps people who have read them can write reviews. We could also do something with fan art. A thread for Lewis quotes would be nice too. (Not ones from the Narnia books as those would go better with Narnia Day). Let me know what I can do to help. :)

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

Posted : September 18, 2009 6:03 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I think we should do the trivia thing in march.I the mods want to.

Posted : September 29, 2009 3:07 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: