Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Underwater Battle?

Page 1 / 4
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Thought I would resurrect this thread:

As some of you may have seen, some youtube videos have included in the description that
"there will be an underwater battle" in Dawn Treader.

i wonder how they could even do this???

Some various quotes from recent news stories:

On this bewitching voyage that will test their hearts and spirits, the trio will face magical Dufflepuds, sinister slave traders, roaring dragons and enchanted merfolk

There are some big pitched battles in this one, swords and action.

So what do you guys think?

Topic starter Posted : September 4, 2009 6:09 pm
ericnovak
(@ericnovak)
NarniaWeb Guru

A basic synopsis of the underwater fight is as follows:

The ship sets sail toward the east and an apparently larger sun shines before them. While looking overboard at a perfectly calm, clear sea, Lucy notices that there are shapes that look rather like a road and forest under the water. It is not long before she sees a large, underwater castle and sea people. The sea people, who are on a hunting expedition, spot the Dawn Treader and move closer to investigate. One of the sea people, who looks like a king, shakes his spear at Lucy in a menacing way. Just then, Edmund and Drinian come up behind her. She shows them the sea people. Drinian instructs them to turn around and not to look. It wouldn't do to have one of the crew fall in love with a sea person or underwater world. As he tells them this, a man overboard is sounded. The "man" is Reepicheep who was provoked to fight the sea-king. When Drinian pulled Reepicheep on board, he insisted that he stay quiet about what he had seen. However, Reepicheep was excited about something else entirely. The water was fresh. Reepicheep repeats an old rhyme he heard while in his cradle about the waves growing sweet at the utter east. All members of the ships company drink the water, which gives them more tolerance for the increasing intensity of the sunlight. It also makes them less desiring of food or sleep.

Now the question is, will the scene be played out. Obviously to some extent - but one would hope that we don't have to see a huge fight in the water with mermen and maids...

I'm a purist. What can I say? :p

Request Access to the Chippingford Market: Narnia Buy & Sell

Posted : September 5, 2009 5:46 am
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

I definitely do not want to see an underwater battle with these merpeople, it's not meant to happen and I don't want it. The merpoeple did seem hostile, but for us, overland, it's supposed to be an awing experience to marvel at the fact that there *is* a city underwater. A battle would really ruin this moment I think. Personally I don't think there should be any battles in the movie, not just underwater.

Posted : September 5, 2009 3:38 pm
digory83
(@digory83)
NarniaWeb Newbie

i agree a 110% I hope that they are just hyping up what they see in the book, and that they have no basis for it in the actual Movie.

You shall meet me, dear one, but there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there. VotDT Ch. 16

Posted : September 5, 2009 4:46 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I love the idea of an underwater battle but I wouldn't want it in a Narnia movie.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : September 6, 2009 3:16 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I don't think they should have any big battles in VDt maybe a one on one sword fight but that's about it.

Posted : September 6, 2009 3:18 am
Kelila
(@kelila)
NarniaWeb Regular

ericnovak, the scene you quoted sounds just like the book, so I don't have a problem with it.

I /do/ have a problem if they actually meet the sea people. I'd hate to see more battles in this film, since the whole plot is just about perseverance and discovery.

Everything's funny at one o'clock in the morning!

Posted : September 7, 2009 4:08 am
TheGeneral
(@thegeneral)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Yeah what made it interesting was that they never actually talked to the sea people, it was like a different world down there. I would say I don't want them to make a battle.... but I cant say that with conviction, an underwater battle sounds pretty awesome after all

Posted : September 8, 2009 10:04 am
checkers
(@checkers)
NarniaWeb Regular

It sounds interesting...just not for VDT. I agree with Kelila (don't believe we've met, by the way. *extends hand*). The movie is about a discovery, not a war. And I would hate for them to meet the sea people. That would be just weird. :-s

Co-president of the BGMCA club. <--- don't remember what that was but I left it for the nostalgia
Buds: 5, Twin Blank! <--- also don't remember who Twin Blank was. Find me if you're out there, lost one.

Posted : September 9, 2009 10:17 am
narnianjedi
(@narnianjedi)
NarniaWeb Regular

That would be really interesting. Would it be underwater completely??? I would have to see it first before I made an opinion. But they definetly shouldn't make it a very long battle, like the ending battle in PC.

May the force be with you!
I LOVE Pixar & Disneyland!!!!

Posted : September 17, 2009 9:58 am
americangirlemmie
(@americangirlemmie)
NarniaWeb Nut

In the book the sea creatures want to have a battle. They don't actually have a battle though.

Co-founder - NW for HP & The Missing Club

Posted : September 18, 2009 7:30 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

I don't think that'll happen AT ALL!!!!!! =)) =))

Posted : September 26, 2009 12:48 pm
LucyTheValiant
(@lucythevaliant)
NarniaWeb Regular

I agree with PeteFan. If I remember correctly, there isn't even an underwater battle in the book!

Signature & Avatar made by Princess Anna

Posted : September 26, 2009 2:29 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I do not believe they will have an underwater battle. :|

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : September 26, 2009 11:08 pm
LucyTheValiant
(@lucythevaliant)
NarniaWeb Regular

If they do, I will be greatly disappointed!

Signature & Avatar made by Princess Anna

Posted : September 27, 2009 2:22 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: