Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Narnia Series Ending???

Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I keep hearing people on here talking about how the next movie after Dawn Treader will be The Magician's Nephew, and after that they'll end it with The Last Battle, skipping all the others. Is this true? Where and when did this rumor start, and does it have any basis?

Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2010 6:09 am
Ugly Pig
(@ugly-pig)
NarniaWeb Regular

Probably not.

Posted : August 20, 2010 6:30 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Yes, some members of the production are interested in filming The Magician's Nephew next. Partially because it's their favorite story ;)) and partially because they want to film Tilda in the role of Jadis before she ages too much more.

But there are also a number of production people (like Douglas Gresham) who are adamant about doing The Silver Chair next because otherwise Will Poulter will be in his 50s by the time they get around to doing that movie. :P ;))

I strongly suspect that The Silver Chair will easily win out if Will Poulter gets a strong reception in VDT (and he sure did yesterday)! They won't want to lose box office numbers simply because they recast him when they didn't have to.

But as to your concern about skipping to The Last Battle and/or not making any more movies, those rumors are based on theories and what-ifs and nothing more. The production's desire is still to make all seven books into movies. And they have issued this official statement many times.... As long as these movies continue to do well at the box office, they will continue to make them. If VDT tanks (no pun intended) we may see the end of the movies entirely.

Posted : August 20, 2010 7:23 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

They won't want to lose box office numbers simply because they recast him when they didn't have to.

What do you mean recast him? Are they planning to recast him? :-
Sorry...I get confused easily.

Topic starter Posted : August 21, 2010 2:04 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

If they were to make the Magician's Nephew next, that would be another 2.5 years (assuming they keep the same schedule as LWW to PC to VDT) til they started working on SC, and another 5 til it was released in theaters. That means that Will would be somewhere around 20 years old when filming SC. Way to old to still be in school which is how SC starts. They're pushing it with his age as it is.

Posted : August 22, 2010 10:10 am
bkey
 bkey
(@bkey)
NarniaWeb Nut

She's saying that if they wait too long to film SC, Poulter will have aged so much that they would be forced to recast him, simply because he would be too old to play the role.

Realistically, not something you should worry about, because if VDT performs well enough for the series to continue, I would wager that SC will be the next film to be made.

Posted : August 22, 2010 10:12 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

um, I don't think they are ending the series.....I mean, they could, and it waould be a trilogy, but I don't see how they will end it, especially since Ben was asking if he was in the next movie or not...... :-

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : August 23, 2010 9:34 am
Rilian The Disenchanted
(@rilian-the-disenchanted)
NarniaWeb Nut

I hope Voyage Of The Dawn Treader is a hit and Silver Chair gets greenlit by New Year. The Last Battle can wait a while, according to a timeline it's seven years after Silver Chair. But Silver Chair needs to be filmed within 2 years.
They have the intention of filming all books, it's the profit that will decide.

Posted : August 23, 2010 11:00 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

She's saying that if they wait too long to film SC, Poulter will have aged so much that they would be forced to recast him, simply because he would be too old to play the role.

They've changed these films so much and rest of every ones ages. So why don't they just keep him if they do plan to make the SC. That makes no sense at all. They can only fix it with saying two or three years passed by. 8-|

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : August 23, 2010 6:25 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

As I have already answered the question for Eustace+Jill and this thread promptly went off-topic, I don't see much point in leaving it open so I'm gonna go ahead and close it now. :)

Posted : August 24, 2010 4:57 am
Share: