Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Magician's Nephew already greenlit?

Page 1 / 2
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Whilst browsing on the Internet, I came across this article commenting about the Narnia Franchise which said:

Regarding the latter film, despite rumors that the franchise was so toxic that Walt Disney Pictures happily passed the film to 20th Century Fox — and would be discontinued thereafter — a sequel has been greenlit. That's right, ladies and gentlemen: Get your camping tents ready for the release of The Magician's Nephew.

The article is from The Colorado Springs Independent, one of those country newspapers who might not have accurate access to information. But then you never know. So since it is a very recent article, I'm posting here, until there is any confirmation or otherwise.

Does anyone know anything further?

Topic starter Posted : April 22, 2011 10:01 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hm. Can't wait until Fantasia Kitty or someone else knowledgeable sees this...I would have no idea whether or not it's true. So have their been other times when it's information was disproved?

Lu :)

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : April 23, 2011 6:16 am
Lilygloves
(@lilygloves)
NarniaWeb Junkie

So far on the NW homepage it specifically says that MN has not yet been greenlit. Have any admins seen the article and have any other articles been printed about MN?

Posted : April 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Well here's this old article just after Perry Moore passed away, sadly:

http://www.aslanscountry.com/2011/02/br ... -greenlit/

And Narnia Fans has the same report listed as the one waggawerewolf27 has here:

http://www.narniafans.com/archives/12039

So I suppose only time will tell...

Posted : April 23, 2011 4:52 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I saw that, but I'm not sure about its veracity. Press like to jump to conclusions here too. ;) Agree with LoN to wait for an official official. :)

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : April 23, 2011 5:03 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Whoever wrote the article probably just misunderstood. I see things like that all the time. They see an article that says "The Magician's Nephew is Next" and they're like, "Oh, the next movie's been greenlit!" Or they just don't understand what the word "Greenlit" means.

~Riella =:)

Posted : April 23, 2011 8:21 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

So far we can look forward with some certainty that they will make MN, but geen-lit means they'll make it for sure. So they are not the same thing, but companies jump to the conclusion, I suppose, like Riella said?

Hope I'M making sense...;))

Lu

Posted : April 24, 2011 6:57 am
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

I was pretty shocked when I read that article yesterday. True, they may be wrong and it's not true, but it could be a pretty good sign that they might've already greenlit it (not publicly, as Narnia Fan12 says :p ) and now the news is coming out, or that they have decided to greenlight it recently. Either way, it sure makes me giddy. :)

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : April 25, 2011 10:21 am
emijoy
(@emijoy)
NarniaWeb Regular

That IS very interesting. But I think I'll wait for an official press release before getting my hopes up. Does anyone have any guesses as to when it will be greenlight, if it is at all?

Posted : April 26, 2011 8:10 am
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I just realized...I could be wrong, but...if this is true, wouldn't it spread like wild-fire? It seems like any time there's a small rumor and a 'what if?' for more than a few days, nothing ever pans out (leaked script possibly being the exception- you have to wait to see the movie to be sure if certain things are in it or not). And if it were this popular, wouldn't Google have a lot of sites pop up in a search? Maybe I used incorrect key-words, but I'm just thinking...

Lu :)

Posted : April 26, 2011 12:52 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Personally it would not suprise me if this is true... I will not say why, because I'm not sure if I can, but it wouldn't suprise me...

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : April 26, 2011 1:27 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

ack, all this uncertainty is killing me! :P
when will we know? I just want them to make up their minds, one way or the other about what Narnia movie is next! :| ;;)

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : May 6, 2011 12:02 pm
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I don't think the Narnia series is as "doomed" financially as many claim it to be (at least not to such a great extent). I think there's a good chance Magician's Nephew is already greenlit behind the scenes.

The filmmakers aren't going to let this series slip through their fingers easily.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

Posted : May 6, 2011 2:58 pm
puddleglum32
(@puddleglum32)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think MN is greenlit because Walden has said that because it's the most popular, and that it would be easier to make that it would be next.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!

Posted : May 10, 2011 11:28 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

so now MN isn't greenlit.....?
I am SO confused. I wish they would just make a decision and run with it B-)

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : May 28, 2011 4:29 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: