Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Disney to release Narnia after VDT?

Page 1 / 3
gottaluvnarnia
(@gottaluvnarnia)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I can't exactly remember where I saw this, although it was on a movie blog site. Has anyone else heard about this?

siggie by greenleaf23

Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2009 3:07 am
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Im not entirely sure what you mean... Are you suggesting that Disney might return as the distributor for future films after Dawn Treader?

If so, then no. I don't believe Walden Media have any sort of contractual obligation or secret deal to go back to Disney after Dawn Treader. There is literally no way 20th Century Fox would of come on board and invested a large amount of money in the project if they weren't going to be able to reap the financial benefits of potential sequels.

Even if Dawn Treader bombed and 20th Century Fox decided to drop the series, i can't see Walt Disney even considering picking the series back-up again. It just wouldnt make any business sense to pick up a twice-ditched franchise, of which they themselves had ditched once before.

Would help if you had a link to the source of your rumour, so we could assess it more acurately. i.e. whether or not it was just some average joe who may or may not even know what he was talking about, or whether or not it was a well known media blogger (e.g. Jim Hill) who may have industry insider information.

Posted : November 29, 2009 3:31 am
gottaluvnarnia
(@gottaluvnarnia)
NarniaWeb Newbie

hmm, I think I saw it on firstshowing.net, but now that I'm looking through the archives I can't remember which story I read it in :- I agree though, it wouldn't really make any sense if Fox dropped it for Disney to pick it up again, I'll keep looking.

siggie by greenleaf23

Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2009 6:30 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

if this is true, that would be strange.....escpecially since Disney backed out of Narnia because they didn't agree with Walden on the realease date of PC...... :- :-s :p

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : November 29, 2009 7:41 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

No that wouldn't make much sense if that happened.

Posted : January 25, 2010 4:13 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I can't see it happening, but if VODT did extremely well and for some reason FOX dropped it, I could see them picking it back up...

Posted : February 1, 2010 5:45 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

^^ I couldn't. if Fox dropped it, Walden wouldn't go back to Diseny so soon.....would they? it doesn't seem likely!

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Posted : February 12, 2010 7:19 am
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

who knows? FOX isn't likely to drop it anyway...

Posted : February 12, 2010 11:44 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

If VDT does well (*says to self, "please don't jinx it, wolf" :-s *) I can see Disney regretting dropping it, but then Fox wouldn't give it up.

In all honesty I hope they don't pick it back up, at least not yet. I think the change will be good for the franchise.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : February 12, 2010 12:21 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I think Diseny is gone from Narnia for good.....

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Posted : February 13, 2010 9:02 am
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

^^so do I...but if the Narnia franchise became successful and FOX is unable to continue the movies, Disney would pick it back up.

Posted : February 14, 2010 5:03 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

if Fox dropped it, then I hope that New Line Cenima would pick it up.....

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Posted : February 15, 2010 12:22 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Idk who I would want to pick it up. Maybe Warner Bros....

Posted : February 16, 2010 11:56 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

^^ Warner Bros. would be good too.....but New Line did LOTR and it would be good if they did it if Fox dropped out!

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Posted : February 19, 2010 8:17 am
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

^^Warner Bros did Harry Potter (and they had something to do with LOTR as well) and those are amazingly successful fantasy movies. I think they could do well with Narnia too.

Posted : February 19, 2010 2:44 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: