Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Dawn Treader Sail Change?

Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

Just wrote a story of this on Aslanscountry.com, and I thought it deserved a little attention:

I just received a full-size Dawn Treader poster one-sheet, and while trying to spot out a place to hang it in my room, I noticed something different in the Dawn Treader. The Dawn Treader has a small appearance in the poster, inside of Aslan’s eye. When looking at the eye, I saw that the Dawn Treader’s sail had apparently changed.

Originally, the sail was relatively plain, with a circle with detail and what appeared to be the letter ‘N’.

view image- click here.

However, when I looked at the poster, I noticed that the ‘N’ had apparently been ditched!

The picture shows that the sail’s circle detail work has been enlarged, hinting that the ‘N’ and (perhaps) the square outline may not make it to the final cut of the Dawn Treader movie. At least, this is what it appears to be.

Leader of the A.N.T.I. M.U.P.P.E.T.Z. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently vs. Malevolent Undercover Pals Planning Eventual Takeover of Zivilization.) RP in Ditto Town! PM to join!

Topic starter Posted : May 19, 2010 5:05 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I don't think it's been ditched. We've only seen a small portion of the actual sail before now. To me it looks like what we've seen may only be the bottom 1/3 or maybe 1/2. So with the finished product, it looks a bit different.

Posted : May 20, 2010 12:21 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

The picture of the Dawn Treader in Aslan's eye must be CGI instead of an actual picture contrasted onto the poster. I think it was done on purpose to match the cresent cat eye. It looks good to me but I don't think the sail will appear like that in the movie at all. Good eye on that though ;) :D

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : May 20, 2010 2:46 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I read the story yesterday and studied my super zoomed-in hi-rez poster and simply can't tell one way or another. Too blurry and Aslan's pupil is in the way. :P
I suspect that if they did change it, they changed it for the poster, but they won't change it in the movie.

Posted : May 20, 2010 5:07 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I kind of hope the N is gone, but I don't really care either way.....

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : May 20, 2010 9:52 am
Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

I read the story yesterday and studied my super zoomed-in hi-rez poster and simply can't tell one way or another. Too blurry and Aslan's pupil is in the way. :P
I suspect that if they did change it, they changed it for the poster, but they won't change it in the movie.

I got a really big poster of it, and its clearly visible in it. No blurriness whatsoever :P That picture I posted was of the eye, (which is about 1/2 the size of my fist) and its easy to tell. I guess it doesn't really matter all that much, though ;) :P

Leader of the A.N.T.I. M.U.P.P.E.T.Z. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently vs. Malevolent Undercover Pals Planning Eventual Takeover of Zivilization.) RP in Ditto Town! PM to join!

Topic starter Posted : May 20, 2010 1:20 pm
Share: