Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Narnia Pop-Up Book

Mischief_3lf
(@mischief_3lf)
NarniaWeb Regular

I don't know if this has been mentioned here before (I searched and didn't see anything though the books been out since 2007 but anyway) but I just discovered the book the other day and had to pick it up! I've always liked pop-up books as a little kid but I hadn't even looked at a pop up book in... it's gotta be over 15 years. But I just got it today and I thought it was great! Anyone have this? The pop-ups are amazing. They sure have come a long way from the pop ups I remember.

It's got like one pop up spread for each narnia book starting with Magicians Nephew and ending with The Last Battle. I would have preferred if they just made a whole set and gave each book it's own pop up book but anyway, I thought it was great.

Here are a couple pictures I took of my favorite pages... There's another page I really like but it's too hard to get it to look right and take the picture so there you go... None of the pictures do the book justice though... the book is a lot bigger than it looks too. I dunno, I think it's a must have for any Narnia fan... even if you feel your too old for pop-up books :P I was excited about it anyway...

Topic starter Posted : December 6, 2010 11:29 pm
H Tide
(@h-tide)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ah, yes, that was a wonderfully detailed pop-up book! I received it as a Christmas gift a couple years ago and thought the illustrations were quite good. My two-year-old cousin loved the book as well, always requesting to see the "lion" book. :)

Posted : December 12, 2010 8:27 am
Aravis Narnia
(@aravis-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

I bought it last year and gave it as a Christmas present to a colleague for her two little girls. Very good introduction to Narnia.

Posted : December 12, 2010 2:15 pm
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I saw this book a while a go, sometime after LWW came out. It's very beautifully done and the drawings are so detailed. I love how realistic the pop-out pictures actually look and how certain aspects, for example the sails of the Dawn Treader and the reins on the horse are made out of fabric, adding a very nice texture to the drawings. I'm happy that they basically incorporated Pauline Bayne's illustrations for all of the storybook pages. Actually, Border's bookstore had it for $10 at some point, which was rather a lovely price! The only trouble I find with it, is that due to the large pop-ups, it doesn't always cooperate on closing nicely so that I can fit back on its space on my shelf. Nonetheless, I love it! :)

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : February 1, 2011 8:57 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

My Pastor's son has this. They were showing it to me at VBS last summer, because they knew I was I die hard fan. It is awesome :D

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : November 10, 2011 3:50 am
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

Aww, that's really cute and cool! :) I love the style of the illustrations of the pop-up things a lot. As said above, I think this is a good introduction to Narnia for children who are still a little young to read the books, with a little summary of each Chronicle to help understand the pictures.

Posted : November 11, 2011 9:25 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

This is an exquisite piece of paper art from a real master. It is almost too good for children. I've got another book he did of the 12 Days of Christmas, and it's gorgeous.

Buy it if you get a chance.(either of these!!)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : November 12, 2011 8:05 am
narnialuver
(@narnialuver)
NarniaWeb Nut

I have this one. It is well done. I have a another that i think is by the same person the copyright on it is Robert Sabuda and the pop-ups in the Narnia one are by him too

Edit: I have just found out that it is by him. and the book is about castles.

The Hobbit in theaters: 14 December 2012

Posted : November 13, 2011 2:39 am
Aslans_Jewel
(@aslans_jewel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I actually got this pop-up book quite a while ago. Still have it. Its pretty awesome. :)

no longer active. every once in a while ill pop back for the memories. good to see a few recognizable names 🙂

Posted : December 25, 2011 4:18 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

I actually got this pop up book last year for Christmas. I think it's absolutely gorgeous, and am always astounded at just how it works.

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : January 4, 2012 1:15 pm
Share: