Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] General Merchandise Ideas

SummerSnow
(@summersnow)
Member Hospitality Committee

Are there are types of merchandise that you'd like to see, whether it be from the books or the movies?

I'm thinking it would be neat if they made a mug with Rilian's black shield on it that would turn into a silver shield with a red lion when hot liquid was pour in it.

This gave me the idea of a mug that would be a frozen winter scene, then when hot water (from an Aslan teapot would be an extra bonus) was poured in, it would shift into a spring scene of Narnia.

I would also love a wardrobe filled with fut coats that leads into Narnia, but I think that's a little less likely to happen.

So, what are your ideas? :)

Topic starter Posted : July 4, 2014 9:05 am
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

I would also love a wardrobe filled with fut coats that leads into Narnia, but I think that's a little less likely to happen. :)

What an idea! Of course, most of us wouldn't have room to fit a full-size wardrobe into our houses. But perhaps a teensy-weensy one? You know, half-size or something.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : July 4, 2014 10:13 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Oooh! Those mug ideas are brilliant! I would definitely pay for something like that. That's an awesome concept.

One random thought is of a Narnia "dollhouse" that's inside a small replica of the wardrobe. Instead of the rooms of a house, it could have a few different levels inside that show different Narnian settings like the Beaver's house, or the Witch's castle, or Aslan's Camp.

A necklace strung with a pair of green and yellow rings would be a neat and subtle expression of the Narnia fandom, too. :D It would also be really cool to have seven charm bracelets with charms that represent different things about each of the seven books.

I might just have to make some of this stuff myself. ;))

Posted : July 4, 2014 10:14 am
SummerSnow
(@summersnow)
Member Hospitality Committee

I agree that a half size wardrobe would be more practical for most of us. Especially me, though even a small wardrobe might still have problems (but hey, if it led to Narnia, I'm fine with it taking up all my empty floor space)

Those are awesome ideas, Rose. I especially love the wardrobe "doll house". If you could find a fair sized (and non expensive) wardrobe, that would be really neat to do that. :) That's sort of the feeling I was getting about my mug idea too. :p
I wonder how hard it would be to do these projects....

Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2014 4:56 pm
Share: