Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Shasta of the North's Narnian Art

Shasta of the North
(@shasta-of-the-north)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Greetings!

I joined this forum, about a year ago but never posted anything. So now I'm finaly posting.

I thought about starting off by showing you my Narnia art.

I drew this from a rare picture of Susan in the Disney TLWW film. Alsthough, I drew the bow wrong, maybe I'll re-due it some time.

Copied (drawn) from photo from film.

This is one of my old drawing but I still thought I'd show it to you all. Drawn from the PC film.

This drawingt I did is of Edmund as seen in the TLWW film.

I did this a while back, and is of Trumpkin, Trufflehunter, and Nikabrik. I don't like how Nikabrik's beard trunned out, maybe you all could offer some tips on how to draw beards.

Drawn from my imagination.

And lastly, To Narnia and the North! This is my newest Narnian drawing of the main characters from The Horse and His Boy.

Drawn from my imagination.

Hope you enjoy them, they do have my deviantart watermark on them (with web link) so you can check out more of my art there.

--Shasta from the North

Topic starter Posted : March 30, 2014 12:29 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Wow, those are very good! My favorite is the one with Shasta, Aravis, Bree and Hwin. Great colors and movement and expression! The Horse and His Boy is one of my favorite CoN books and it's always very fun to see fan art from it! :)

I'm not exactly an expert artist, so I can't give you any good tips on how to draw beards. Honestly, though, Nikabrik looks pretty good to me! I think you did a nice job on him.

Hope to see more Narnia drawings from you in the future! Great stuff!

Posted : March 31, 2014 6:23 pm
You Will Find Me Bigger
(@you-will-find-me-bigger)
NarniaWeb Regular

Really nice work. :) I think the two of Susan came out the best, especially the first one. When you copy from film, are you drawing free-hand or tracing from a photo?

You can call me Willow if you want to.

Posted : April 4, 2014 12:01 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Wonderful drawings, Shasta of the North! I love all of them. You've added a lot of detail and character to each one, making them all unique and realistic as well.

Perhaps my favourite drawing is the first one of Susan. I find something very simple yet moving as she looks out towards her target. I loved this moment in the film, the scene where Susan is first practicing her archery skills. You did a great job with the details and shading of her dress and I think the bow looks just fine as it is. :)

Both the second drawing of Susan from Prince Caspian and that of Edmund have a lot of detail to the costumes and chain mail. It takes a lot of patience to get the shine just right when drawing metal like on Edmunds suit, but I think you really worked to get it right.

I love the colours and scenes you chose to draw in the last two, especially the one from the Horse and His Boy. I agree with The Rose-Tree Dryad that the horses have a real sense of motion and your idea is much how I imagine a scene like this. Trufflehunter is perfect and I think the beards on Trumpkin and Nikabrik are quite realistic. I might have turned Nikabric's face a little to the front and brought him closer to Trufflehunter, but that's just my opinion.

I would love to see some more Narnia art from you, since this forum has grown so quiet after VDT came out. It's lovely that you started posting here, so welcome to Narniaweb! :)

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : April 4, 2014 1:01 pm
Sheroo of Stormness Head
(@sheroo-of-stormness-head)
NarniaWeb Nut

Great job! I also think the first one with Susan is the best, and in all of them I'm impressed by your ability to capture the picture so well! The one with Edmund is clearly Edmund. There's no doubt about it. And the one of the Horse and His Boy is really great too! I like the distinctions you made in the clothing between Aravis and Shasta, and yet you still had Bree and Shasta leading.

Wonderful! I'd love to see some more!

~Sheroo

P.S. Welcome to NarniaWeb!! :D

Posted : April 7, 2014 4:21 am
Share: