Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Narnia: The Ballet art impressions

Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I saw the Twin Cities Ballet production of Narnia: The Ballet and sketched out a few scenes...

This was my favorite piece, I think. It's the introduction of Aslan and was danced to From the Western Woods to Beaversdam.

The mice and little hedgehogs were ADORABLE. I'm so glad this scene was included.

I will probably replace these with better pictures later (and possibly finish up another couple scenes as well.)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Topic starter Posted : May 11, 2015 12:26 pm
Mehinen
(@mehinen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Beautiful sketches, you have managed to capture the movement from the ballet, Meltintalle! My favorite is the second one, I really like the subtle colors and the layout.

My art blog (both in Finnish and in English) http://mehinen.wordpress.com/

Posted : July 14, 2015 3:33 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Thanks!

(Oh, yeah! I was going to do one from when they were in the beaver's house too... wonder if I still have the base sketch for that one... ;)) )

Topic starter Posted : July 16, 2015 5:29 am
SSBN_Dawn_Treader
(@ssbn_dawn_treader)
NarniaWeb Regular

Okay, necroposting time : There's a Narnia-themed ballet???

I have to go search for it NOW... My girlfriend loves ballet and has enjoyed the books, so I think she'll be quite happy to see both of them combined!

Posted : September 29, 2018 4:07 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I hope you can find information on the ballet, SSBN_Dawn_Treader... pulling up the thread brought back some good memories. :)

(in case anyone is wondering, I have no idea what happened to the beavers' house sketch, and now I've lost the concept entirely; alas. I do remember there being a dance with the Land Army girls in a hayfield at the beginning and I think the suit of armor had a solo)

Topic starter Posted : October 4, 2018 3:07 am
Share: