Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Who should score Netflix's Narnia movies/series?

Son of Eve
(@son-of-eve)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I think it's fair to say that for many Narnia fans it was the amazing soundtrack for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by Harry Gregson-Williams that made watching the movie an absolutely magical experience. It certainly was for me.

Now, I wonder, who do you think should score Netflix's Narnia movies and series (assuming that they would go for only one composer for all of those projects)? 

Speaking for myself, I would love it if they chose Daniel Pemberton. Most recently, he composed the soundtrack for The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance series and it was magical. I think something like this would fit Narnia very well. 

Alternatively, they could go for Geoff Zanelli. He scored Disney's Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, and I think it was very fairy-like, could suit Narnia. 

Topic starter Posted : October 16, 2021 11:09 am
Glenwit liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

It will be interesting to see who they will get to do the score for Narnia films or series. I have a lot of respect for Harry Gregson Williams who did it for the first two Walden movies. I don't think it's likely he's going to do it again.

I suppose Hans Zimmerman could do it. Yet, he's so well know. He's done music for The Lion King, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception.. the list goes on.

I also thought of Howard Shore, who did it for The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit Trilogy. Though I don't know how he could manage to do a Middle Earth sound and a Narnia sound.

I also thought of Roque Banos, who did the music for In The Heart of the Sea. The music is actually beautiful.

So I think it will be interesting to see who they will get to do the score for Narnia films or series.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

Posted : October 16, 2021 11:24 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

My answer for this question is always Bear McCreary. Most of his work is TV, but he's also done movies and video games in a lot of different genres. He's incredibly versatile and each soundtrack he composes is unique. Compare his work on Black Sails, Outlander, and Battlestar Galactica to get a good idea of his range.

And for a slightly out of left field suggestion, I'm a big fan of Austin Wintory's work. He's mostly done video games, but the Journey soundtrack is magical.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : October 16, 2021 3:09 pm
Karisa
(@karisa)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I would love to see Patrick Doyle or Brian Tyler, who did Thor and Thor: The Dark World respectively. I felt like their scores did a great job of making you feel both the power and the beauty of the fantasy environment they were working within. I’d also be totally onboard with the Bear McCreary suggestion, it feels like every time there’s something that makes me really emotional it turns out to have been him.

Posted : October 22, 2021 8:44 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

A slightly off-the-beaten-path composer that I personally think could do a really good job is John Paesano.

He scored the Maze Runner films, as well as Netflix's Daredevil series.  He's able to do the sweeping and epic types of pieces, as well as ethereal and otherworldly, both of which are things that Narnia's soundtrack will need. 

Here's one of my favourite pieces by him.

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

Posted : October 22, 2021 10:21 pm
Courtenay liked
Share: