Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What should the castles and houses of Narnia look like?

Page 3 / 3
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @lu_valient

In regards to the White Witch's castle, it might be interesting if it was made of stone, but completely coated in black ice. That way, in certain lights it would shine, while still being absolutely dangerous when you can't see it.

What a cool idea!  Much like the Witch herself lol

btw, that castle in Lithuania is SO similar to that illustration of Cair Paravel; hard to imagine it otherwise now.

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2021 5:01 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

One thing that I really liked about the old BBC series is that they used locations with real castles.  I believe that that much of the series was filmed (videotaped) in Wales where the castles still stand.  It would have nice if the BBC had more money to make the series at that time and more of the beauty of the locations (especially the castles with the landscapes) would have been shown.  But I think they got the setting right even though they were on a very limited budget.  The series does feel much like medieval England, which I think was quite appropriate for Narnia. In the movie version they tried to make Cair Paravel look too much like The Lord of the Rings movies, which may look attractive, but most likely Narnia was much simpler than that —especially the castles. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2021 6:09 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I actually just did a thread about What Will Cair Paravel Look Like?.

I think I'd be fine if Cair Paravel looked different in The Silver Chair than does in The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe. Hey, it was rebuilt between Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

I think that the castles should look different in each region- Narnia, Archenland, and Calormen. Plus it would be kind of boring if all the castles look the same. There are a lot of architect for castles. Plus, I'd be fine that the castles don't look like your typical fairy tale castle. It's almost to cliche.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2023 4:45 pm
Courtenay liked
Page 3 / 3
Share: