Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What Movies Make You Think of Narnia?

Page 2 / 2
ericnovak
(@ericnovak)
NarniaWeb Guru

Saved your video to watch later! I'm excited as I haven't watched a huge amount of animated films, but I think this may give me a good place to start.

Request Access to the Chippingford Market: Narnia Buy & Sell

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2023 8:27 am
Col Klink liked
Crunchy-P
(@queencrunchytheweeb)
NarniaWeb Regular

Whenever I read the donkey transformation in The Horse and His Boy I can't help but think of the same transformation from Pinocchio. Giggle   Even though Pinocchio's transformation is scarier than the Narnia one.

"Have a Narnian Day!" (ナルニアの日を過ごしましょう!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2023 10:58 pm
Eustace
(@eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@queencrunchytheweeb 

I thought of Pinocchio turning into a donkey when Rabadash turned into a donkey too, and I wondered how it could be really funny.

I often thing of Aquaman when I think of Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I know it is not animated but, the world they built underwater was pretty cool looking in my point of view, and was really a good example for me of what I wanted from the underwater scenes mentioned in the book, design wise at least. I was quite disappointed in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie for portraying the naiads/mermaids? (not sure what that creature was suppose to be) as water creatures rather than underwater people riding on seahorses. (Also, I disliked their version of a dryad as well, but, that is another topic.) When we first heard about underwater sea battles being added, I was thinking that it would be with the merfolk riding seahorses. I thought the battle might be stopped by Lucy's friend (Who she only saw and never spoke to.).

This post was modified 9 months ago 2 times by Eustace

Redeemed-Cousins-1
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2023 6:39 am
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

There are some television documentaries which remind me of Narnia. If you have ever watched David Attenborough’s films you will see that he sometimes goes to his own country of England and shows places there which look much like Narnia. The wildlife of the British Isles has animals which are a lot like the talking beasts in Narnia even if they cannot speak human language. The birds are just as beautiful and are much like those that C. S. Lewis saw on his walks in the country.  And even some of the locations look like they could have a lamppost with a wardrobe leading to them. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2023 3:59 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

While this is a series and not a movie, Superbook kind of makes me think of Narnia. It has two children who have some sort of dilemma, and Superbook shows up to take them back in Bible times to teach them a lesson. Whenever the kids come back to the present day, no time has gone by. Plus, especially from a religious point of view, I would say that Superbook is about 90% right from the Bible (which is super rare for a TV series or movies based on a Bible story, especially the ones made by Hollywood).

Narnia in a way is similar. It has children going to Narnia, and whenever they come back to our world, no time has gone by. If the new Narnia movie can be done about 90% right, much like how Superbook is done about 90% right (sure, they added some stuff, but not in a way to ruin the story), it will be a plus.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2023 4:22 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: