Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] TRAILER IDEAS

Page 1 / 3
AslanIsKing
(@aslanisking)
NarniaWeb Regular

Here are some ideas to make the trailer and instant hit and create tons of excitement like LWW trailer did!PC trailer was good, but it didnt incorporate fantasy themes, rather adventure themes. IM going to share some music and some one liners for the trailer and poster.SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

first use this music, or something very similar, something very fantasitc, like the "flying" song used in disneyland commercials. here are some VERY VERY good ideas of music to use in the trailer. If youve seen the Clorox "because a bathroom can be more than just a bathroom" campaign, then you know what Im talking about:

... re=related

here is another FANTASTICAL song, not know like Requim for a Dream is know but equally as amazing would be great in the trailer:

... L&index=46

They should make it really emotional and fantastic. INCORPORATE EUSTANCE THE DRAGON CRYING TO THE SKY SAYING SOMETHING LIKE "IM SORRY" that will reach to peoples emotions and realize that the fantasy and virtue is back in NARNIA. then cut to scenes of the dawn treader in a storm, then some underwater creatures.

The One Liner should be something like "This Christmas Voyage Beyond Imagination"
or "Youve stepped through the Wardrobe, Fought To Free Narnia, Now....Take A Voyage Beyond Imagination" then BAM!! BIG WAVES AND THE HEAD TITLES, UNLIKE THE LWW AND PC WHICH HAD THE HEADTITLES "NARNIA" COME OUT OF MOUNTAINS VDT TITLES SHOULD COME OUT OF WAVES OR THE OCEAN,

IF YOU DOUBT ME LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AND READ THOSE LINES WHILE IMAGINING A MONTAGE OF SCENES!
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK, DO I HAVE A GOOD IDEA?SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

I Worked at the International Debut of the Narnia Exhibit: BEST JOB EVER!!!!! 🙂

Topic starter Posted : September 7, 2009 6:15 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

The first piece sounds okay, the second sounds good but a bit too reminiscent of the Pirates of the Caribbean theme. I like the final song but I don't believe its suited to Narnia (too modern). This one below sounds better but perhaps its still too modern. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISzK6e237II&feature=PlayList&p=2CE80C06ECBDC686&index=49&playnext=4&playnext_from=PL

Some of your ideas are good but any tag-line with '...beyond your imagination', should be scrapped. It's generic, overused and really, really bad.
Also, please don't post in capitals, it's not good Internet etiquette.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : September 7, 2009 6:30 pm
AslanIsKing
(@aslanisking)
NarniaWeb Regular

That music you provided could work, sounds a lot like LWW, a lot. I agree that "beyond your imagination" should be scrapped, but i would simply advocate "beyond imagination" i think that without the word "your", it might work. but doesnt anyone think that the use if the word "voyage" is a good one?being that its in the title, so say something to the like of "voyage for redemption" or "voyage BEYOND NARNIA?"whatever the filmmakers decide it MUST MUST work, the trailer is te single most important piece of marketing to the world, its the window they will get to see of the film. Of course they could always compose the music, but i really hope the trailer music wll be an emotional fantasy theme, what did you think of using eustance crying scene in the trailer to add dramatic wieght?

I Worked at the International Debut of the Narnia Exhibit: BEST JOB EVER!!!!! 🙂

Topic starter Posted : September 7, 2009 9:43 pm
HappyGiant
(@happygiant)
NarniaWeb Regular

Change "Beyond your imagination" to AslanIsKang's idea of "Beyond Narnia" and either AslanIsKing's last song or Warrior4Jesus's song ( I can't pick, the music is so great for narnia!) and I think you got it.
I think they should show really short flashbacks of LWW and PC. If they say something like " Through the Wardrobe" (i know, i know, I'm not that creative 8-| ) they could show Lucy stepping through the snow, and in Prince Caspian, maybe a shot of caspian at the dancing lawn. Then they focus on VotDT.

Posted : September 8, 2009 6:44 am
Beren
(@beren)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@ HappyGiant: They'd probably show those clips from previous films in a "supertrailer" which highlights all three films. But maybe they'll just incorporate one shot from LWW and one from PC. That would be cool.

Ónen i-Estel Edain, ú-chebin estel anim

"They know everything on NarniaWeb." --Ben Barnes

Posted : September 8, 2009 7:39 am
-queenSUSAN-
(@queensusan)
NarniaWeb Regular

Why not use some music from X-Ray Dog? They write little clips for all sorts of movie trailers, including Pirates of the Caribbean and LWW. In fact, it's more than likely that the trailer music will come from them.

Here are some examples:

... re=related

... re=related

There are tons more on YT. Just a suggestion, of course. ;)

P.S. Couldn't help but add my favorite short soundtrack piece: Septimus.

~~

Posted : September 8, 2009 7:53 am
Peepiceeka
(@peepiceeka)
NarniaWeb Regular

:- Can't they just use some pieces from the VDT soundtrack? There's probably a perfect song somewhere in there.
The ship should be one of the first objects shown, to let everybody know right off that this is an open sea journey. Then there should be one line that's in almost all of the trailers/teasers, similar to the one in PC, "Everything you know is about to change forever", except something much better than that! :) If they show alot of scenes, then possibly mixing action ones with the more emotional and important (Aslan showing himself) I think that would work well. ;)

Posted : September 8, 2009 2:47 pm
spartan5
(@spartan5)
NarniaWeb Nut

Mark Johnson said VDT is more like LWW (also, Barnes' comment that VDT is more about magic etc.). So the tag-lines should emphasize "rediscovery." That sounds corny but I think that should be one of the themes they use in marketing...basically, let the world know VDT is similar to LWW, not PC.

Toward the end of the trailer they could progress as follows:

This Christmas...(random scenes)

Board the ship...(Dawn Treader scenes)

...and rediscover the magic... (Sweeping shots of the Dawn Treader on the Silver Sea, and the "wall of water", maybe scenes from the islands)

of Narnia. (Composite shots from film; serpent attack; end with Aslan roaring...does he roar in VDT? :- )

I think it is important that they follow the LWW teaser. Re-introduce some of the characters, by all means show the painting coming to life and the transition to Narnia, and go from there. And let the music build, just like the LWW teaser. Start slow and quiet, then move uptempo, and conclude with something epic.

Posted : September 9, 2009 11:44 am
Glumpuddle
(@gp)
News Poster, Podcast Producer

I think they should create a shot of the Lady of the Green Kirtle just to include in the trailer. ... Just to make us go CRAZY. ;)

YouTube.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle

Posted : September 9, 2009 11:50 am
caboo29
(@caboo29)
NarniaWeb Regular

Are you trying to jinx it again glumpuddle? Remeber what happens when you say stuff like that... :-$

I personally think that the unfathomable fate is global warming, and the voyage to the end of the world is to somehow repair the ozone layer... ;)

The tagline could be something about Narnia going green. It'll be great since Caspian is already using a recycled sword...

They know everything on Narniaweb. - Ben Barnes

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

Posted : September 9, 2009 12:01 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Are you trying to jinx it again glumpuddle? Remeber what happens when you say stuff like that... :-$

I personally think that the unfathomable fate is global warming, and the voyage to the end of the world is to somehow repair the ozone layer... ;)

The tagline could be something about Narnia going green. It'll be great since Caspian is already using a recycled sword...

*zing!*

Nice one! =))

I think the trailer should focus on the exciting adventure side of it; giving a good dose of the fantasy aspect so people understand that this is just not Pirates Rebooted.

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 10, 2009 12:19 pm
narnialover101
(@narnialover101)
NarniaWeb Nut

Something I was thinking about the other day:

Tagline:

This Christmas...

Where sky and water meet...

You shall find all you seek...

There in the utter east...
(This would have to be followed by some shot of the water against an amazing sunset or perhaps Reepicheep paddling away in his coracle)

Perhaps a bit corny but it certainly would be different and not at all cliche.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)

Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)

Posted : September 10, 2009 3:17 pm
FriendofNarnia2
(@friendofnarnia2)
NarniaWeb Nut

There in the utter east...
(This would have to be followed by some shot of the water against an amazing sunset.

Except that the sun sets in the west. ;)
Actually, that sound like a cool idea. I could see that working.

Check out "The Magician's Nephew" and "The Last Battle" trailers I created!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWtuk3Qafg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPxboeZqrA

Posted : September 10, 2009 4:24 pm
Lady of the Narnians
(@lady-of-the-narnians)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think it is a good idea! I sounds like a very exciteing trailer!
GOOD WORK!

A Lady of Narnia Always a Lady of Narnia

Posted : September 10, 2009 4:34 pm
narnialover101
(@narnialover101)
NarniaWeb Nut

Except that the sun sets in the west. ;)

:p good point; perhaps it's the sunrise then. ;)

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)

Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)

Posted : September 10, 2009 4:47 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: