Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle

Page 2 / 2
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I think The Last Battle would be the most challenging to adapt. I was reading up online that one of the reasons why BBC-Mini Series didn't do it because they've thought it was too complex (it may have been at the time than it is now).

I suppose this could be a two-part movie, like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and The Mocking Jay were.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2021 12:21 pm
decarus
(@decarus)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I do think the difficulty of LB is why they have to put MN before it. Those two stories go together for me.

There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2021 8:41 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Here is a concern I have about The Last Battle-

The portrayal of the Calormenes could be stereotyped. There is a challenge for Netflix to do. It is quite easy to typecast them because the upper class society tends to be self-indulgent and look down upon the lower class society. My favorite character Emeth is not like that. I think there is a way to make Emeth stand out from the rest. He can actually be portrayed as sympathetic. As for Rishda, I think there is concern that he might be too over the top. Please no over the top Rishda. I would like for him to be subtle and over the top. Also, I think Emeth can be energetic and sympathetic. Hey, these are characters you're going to remember seeing. So Netflix has a challenge on how to portray the Calormenes.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 28, 2021 1:46 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: