Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Multiple Versions of Each Book? (Series & Feature Films)

JFG II
(@jfg-ii)
NarniaWeb Regular

HELLO!
I’ve been thinking about Netflix’s declaration of turning C.S. Lewis’s story into series & feature films. That got me thinking: What if they are making BOTH theatrical & episodic versions of the SAME books? AND ALL THAT IMPLIES.
“Son of God” did that with “The Bible” TV series. Netflix might do that as well with the stories that have yet to be made into movies. (Here I am, getting my hopes up.)

Topic starter Posted : May 3, 2019 5:56 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Huh, now that's something that hadn't crossed my mind yet!

As far as live-action goes, the only way I can imagine them doing this is if they basically edit a movie-length version and an episodic version from the same material... possibly the movie-length version for younger viewers with shorter attention spans, and less violence?

Netflix is also trying to expand their children's content, so animated Narnia films that are basically abridged versions of the stories might be an avenue they're considering (although I think it would be more likely that they would do animated spin-offs, like King Peter and the Giants of the North or something).

Posted : May 3, 2019 6:31 am
JFG II
(@jfg-ii)
NarniaWeb Regular

I’M JUST PUTTING THIS OUT THERE:

I originally wrote a much longer, much clearer, more in-depth first post... and then I forgot to save it.

:-o

:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

That’s my fault. I’m usually good at saving stuff. But I’m not forgetting the ERROR sign that blocked me from posting it. NarniaWeb should update it’s saving system and automatically save posts before they’re posted.

Now it’s gone. Probably one of the best posts I’ve ever written, and I can never get it back. I was angry as hulk.

X(

P.S. HULK STILL ANGRY, NO OFFENSE.

Topic starter Posted : May 21, 2019 9:30 am
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

I’M JUST PUTTING THIS OUT THERE:

I originally wrote a much longer, much clearer, more in-depth first post... and then I forgot to save it.

I feel for you. That's happened to me WAY too many times!

As for the thread topic, I think that what the R-T Dryad suggested is very possible. I remember thinking it meant multiple versions of each book when I read the "series and feature films" bit of the press release. (Upon which I was really really excited!)
I'm still hoping for multiple versions.
More Narnia adaptations+ good writing= More fun!

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

Posted : May 21, 2019 10:12 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

JFG II - sorry to hear about the loss of a great post. It has happened to us all, but all I can suggest is you write to the administrator, fantasia, and tell her about what happened. (Fuming quietly here may not get anything done. :( )

There are tech hiccups occasionally, for which we apologise.

One way I have found to avoid losing what I'm writing, is to hit Preview, so that it has been saved to some extent. The other way, probably better, is to post after a few sentences, and then go back in with Edit, and continue.

As for the topic - I like the idea of having a serial, which can be released as a joined-up feature film with few alterations. I have seen the BBC LWW serial turned into a long film, and I thought it worked. Can't remember whether I've seen PC/VDT in that format - but if watching it on TV those episodes have great 'commercial break' moments of excitement, where the original episodes ended.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 21, 2019 11:07 pm
Share: