Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Mr. Tumnus's Bookshelf

Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Do you think if Netflix adapts The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, they'll include the titles of the books on Mr. Tumnus's shelf? (Nymphs and their WaysIs Man a Myth, etc.) They'd better. The miniseries, the movie and the cartoon all included them. 

Of course, it might make sense for them to cut Is Man a Myth since we later learn there are plenty of humans in the world of Narnia. But I still want them to keep it. It's a great title for a book.

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

Topic starter Posted : June 15, 2020 3:11 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @col-klink

Of course, it might make sense for them to cut Is Man a Myth since we later learn there are plenty of humans in the world of Narnia.

Perhaps the book was published sometime during the White Witch's reign. I could definitely see some Narnians lose faith and come to believe that the stories about Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve are just those - stories. Maybe the book was written by a proto-Trumpkin. Giggle  

It's hard for me to guess without more context, but my instinct will be yes, they will include it, but they won't be as direct about it. I'm guessing it will be more of a "freeze frame bonus" than it was even in the Walden movie. They will have to fill those bookshelves with something, after all, and unless they just really don't care, it makes more sense to use titles already supplied by the book than to make something up or to use real-world titles.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

Posted : June 15, 2020 4:38 pm
Reepicheep775
(@reepicheep775)
NarniaWeb Junkie
Posted by: @ryadian

Perhaps the book was published sometime during the White Witch's reign. I could definitely see some Narnians lose faith and come to believe that the stories about Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve are just those - stories. Maybe the book was written by a proto-Trumpkin. Giggle  

It's hard for me to guess without more context, but my instinct will be yes, they will include it, but they won't be as direct about it. I'm guessing it will be more of a "freeze frame bonus" than it was even in the Walden movie. They will have to fill those bookshelves with something, after all, and unless they just really don't care, it makes more sense to use titles already supplied by the book than to make something up or to use real-world titles.

The only problem with that is that there were humans in Archenland, Calormen, and Telmar during the White Witch's reign, so there might not have been humans in the country of Narnia, but there were humans out there in the larger world. I don't think Is Man a Myth makes much sense when you think of the wider context of the series, but I also wouldn't want it removed because it works so well for LWW as a standalone story.

Posted : June 15, 2020 6:59 pm
Share: