Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] FOR NARNIA!!!!- or not?

Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hey all, recently I was wondering what array of battle cries might be used in the battle scenes in the new Narnia series. Though it may not be a great idea to use them every time someone draws a sword, I'm in favor of working in some of the war cries from the books (which got kind of replaced by the somewhat overused "FOOORR NARRRNNIA!!!! AND FOR ASLAN!!!") There's actually several to pick from- "Narnia! Narnia!" "THE LION!" " ASLAN TO OUR AID!" , etc. Perhaps even "For Narnia and the North!" could be used, though it's not technically a battle cry.
Something the filmmakers should keep in mind is that the battle cries of Narnia should express the Narnians' faith in Aslan- that they are fighting relying on him for victory. This would contribute to putting Aslan back in the spotlight, which I think is something most of us would probably want to see- something the Walden versions didn't do so well. With that in mind, my top choice is Edmund's cry from Prince Caspian- "THE LIIIOOOON!"

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

Topic starter Posted : March 18, 2019 6:04 am
JFG II
(@jfg-ii)
NarniaWeb Regular

I’m all for “OH, RUMBLE, RUMBLE, RUM-BLE!! Rumble, Oh Belabor -“ :-o :-o or something like that. I can’t quite remember it now! It’s from LB. :D :D

Posted : March 25, 2019 12:06 pm
SirVincentofNarnia
(@sirvincentofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

I agree, definitely the battle cries should be representative on their reliance on Aslan, because obviously Aslan is the single most important thing that the Narnians have. Now, the battle cry in LWW movie seemed a little off place (considering the movie was made in 2005), but it does give a good representation of how Narnian battle cries should be like.

Let us go on and take the adventure that shall fall to us
-Queen Susan
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

People are quick to judge but slow to correct themselves
-Ezio Auditore, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Posted : March 28, 2019 9:52 am
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

"Channel The Lion" might be nice, or some version of that.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

Posted : April 1, 2019 6:11 pm
jayce76
(@jayce76)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hey all, recently I was wondering what array of battle cries might be used in the battle scenes in the new Narnia series. Though it may not be a great idea to use them every time someone draws a sword, I'm in favor of working in some of the war cries from the books (which got kind of replaced by the somewhat overused "FOOORR NARRRNNIA!!!! AND FOR ASLAN!!!") There's actually several to pick from- "Narnia! Narnia!" "THE LION!" " ASLAN TO OUR AID!" , etc. Perhaps even "For Narnia and the North!" could be used, though it's not technically a battle cry.

I enjoyed "For Narnia" and thought that it wasn't overdone. I certainly realize there are more battle cries in the books, but I thought the Walden films did it just fine. And I would consider myself more of a casual audience than not. Having only read two of the books and it was over 15 yrs ago.

This would contribute to putting Aslan back in the spotlight, which I think is something most of us would probably want to see- something the Walden versions didn't do so well. With that in mind, my top choice is Edmund's cry from Prince Caspian- "THE LIIIOOOON!"

I honestly enjoy either "For Narnia" or "For Aslan" myself. But that's just preference and I think still shows who they are fighting for. Or at least I still understood who and what they were fighting for.

Posted : April 22, 2019 1:08 pm
Share: