Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Charn spinoff series

bardiafox7
(@bardiafox7)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ever since reading the MN for the first time, Charn has haunted my imagination like the ghostly world it is. CS Lewis gave the world such an atmosphere of mystery that I wish this ancient, ruined world couldve been explored further. I always felt that Charn was different from other fantasy lands that it felt like it had a more Babylonian and Roman flavor(ie a sprawling decadent empire)rather than a European medieval one. I imagine a Charn series would be more like GOT with more sorcery. I would hope that a Charn would draw from ancient Babylon for its look and aesthetic.

Topic starter Posted : January 24, 2019 8:53 am
puddleglum32
(@puddleglum32)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think that is a really cool idea! I don’t think we will be getting it anytime soon as my guess is that Netflix will play this safe at first and release a movie or series about the books first before a spinoff can happen. Personally I would love to see more of the wood between the worlds. How cool would it be to see how many other worlds there are and who might inhabit them.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!

Posted : January 29, 2019 9:30 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Of all the spinoff series ideas, this is probably one I could find myself getting behind. (Or at the very least not outright rejecting.) If it was really good, then cool. If it was really bad, it's far enough removed from Narnia that I don't think it would be detrimental to the canon.

Posted : January 30, 2019 1:27 pm
Share: