Chocolate cake?

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 11, 2023 6:33 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Yum. ^-^

Brownies with roasted cherry halves in them?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 12, 2023 1:30 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Yum? I can't remember when I've tried Brownies. 

Lamingtons? (Cubes of sponge cake coated in chocolate ganoush & desiccated coconut. In Australia batches of them can be used for fundraising by Girl Guides etc, sort of like Brownies in USA, or so I gather.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 12, 2023 5:19 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Haven't had 'em but I do like the combo of chocolate and coconut and have no objections to sponge cake, so theoretically yum.

Jambalaya? (Spicy medium-grain white rice dish generally cooked with chicken stock and containing some combination of garlic, powdered red pepper, bits of onion and mild peppers, sometimes cooked celery stalk, and either thin-sliced smoked beef/pork sausage, bits of chicken, or both; occasionally also tomato sauce depending on region and cook.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2023 1:13 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Yum, or at least I think it could have been yum, had I been in America's own deep South. (I've tried it down in a Melbourne eatery, famous for a particular painting, but I found it a bit too filling & I didn't like it quite as much as I imagined, from Karen Carpenter's famous song would have implied, or your own description.)

Crawfish pie? (Is Crawfish, according to Karen Carpenter's song, what is meant by Australian crayfish? Tasmanian crayfish are also known as lobsters, elsewhere in Australia.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2023 3:24 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

...kinda, on crawfish/AU crayfish? Ours are specifically a term for smallish freshwater ones not the "lobster" version, and apparently also a different family of them than your freshwater ones. We've apparently had some issues recently with someone releasing some of y'all's version in Texas and them starting to take over a local waterway there... although at least the locals agree they're tasty. 😉

Also often the meat is cut with a filler of rice and gravy for the pies. Sometimes it's actually a proper pie-shape, sometimes it's more of a pasty, both go by the same name on their recipes.

All that to say *yes, please, much yum.* My family considers them a definite treat - mostly we get the pasty-shaped ones.

Hm...

Macaroni and cheese? The from-scratch kind not the processed cheese in a kit.

And if yum, do you have preferences about kind? Stovetop prep versus oven bake, kinds of cheese preferred, level of sauciness, any favorite non-cheese toppings to incorporate?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2023 2:02 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Yum. I'm not going to be fussy about Macaroni & Cheese, when it is one of the more edible & enjoyable of cheap frozen dinners, a standby when conflicting work shifts & evening college classes, among other family arrangements, make extensive cooking a headache. It isn't my first choice of those frozen dinners, I'll admit, but additions like a bit of black pepper, flaked parmesan cheese, tomato paste & tomato sauce, do wonders to make the blandest, most basic meal tastier. 

Chicken Parmigiana?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2023 6:50 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Chicken Parmigiana would be a yum from me! ^-^

...Veal piccata? Or piccata dishes in general for that matter... just the veal version I've had is a lot more tender than the chicken version I've had.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2023 9:59 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Yum, definitely. Basically, when I looked it up, "piccata" seems to be a simple type of sauce to use with one's meat, though I wouldn't try it with family members who might find cayenne pepper too spicy for their taste.

Chicken Tandoori?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2023 10:15 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

...huh. I'm wondering if there are regional differences in meaning and preparation of piccata because the sort I'm familiar with would involve garlic, capers, lemon, maybe white wine, and would be more tangy and tart than packing any particular spicey-heat.

I don't think I have actually had chicken tandoori before - we don't have loads of Indian food in my town unless you learn how to make it yourself - but the recipes look like it's something I would really enjoy, so. Yum.

Empanadas?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2023 4:22 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Yum!

Tamales?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 14, 2023 2:59 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Yum! ^_^

...Chicken enchilada casserole?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2023 5:46 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Yum.

Beef flautas?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 14, 2023 6:24 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Yes, yum.

....fresh guacamole with lime-flavor tortilla chips?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2023 6:36 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Yum!

Sopaipillas with honey?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 14, 2023 7:21 pm
Page 89 / 117
Share: