Spotto!

Spotto for a book.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 15, 2022 3:16 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Spotto spotto spotto spotto spotto spotto spotto spotto... how many more do you want??? I've finally started unpacking my boxes of books that were in storage for nearly a year while my life got sorted out (for a while it looked like I was going to move to the US, but I ended up moving to Cheshire instead, in a working-out that was quite unexpected and turned out to be so perfect that only Aslan could have orchestrated it) — so I've got books galore all around me again, which is exactly how it should be. Grin  

(But for a specific one, I'll pick the book I'm currently reading, Gobbolino the Witch's Cat by Ursula Moray Williams, which is a very sweet and moving story for young readers that I picked up for £2 the other day from a charity book sale in Kendal.)

Spotto for a tea/coffee cup with a favourite quote on it (from anywhere — books, TV, film or whatever).

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2022 6:41 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@courtenay Spotto! A glass mug with the profile of C.S.Lewis, containing the words 'You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me' 

Spotto for a two or more cushions in the same colour.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2022 4:48 am
Courtenay liked
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Spotto.

Spotto for a photograph.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 17, 2022 2:42 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Spotto! for a whole pile of photographs, shifted from their usual places, to allow a tradesman to continue with repairs.  

Spotto for something you need to keep you cool on a really hot day. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2022 12:01 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Spotto - some water.

Spotto for something blue.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 23, 2022 7:18 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Spotto! A figurine of a little girl in blue overalls.

Spotto for a new book.

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2022 1:26 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Spotto! One here next to me titled Walking the Wainwrights (published in 2021 and bought last week) — a guide to climbing all the 214 "Wainwright Fells" in the English Lake District. A future ambition of mine (though I must admit I've only bagged one of them so far)... Grin  

Spotto for a new item of clothing.

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2022 2:17 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

Spotto! Two pairs of new socks, to be rolled up as soft balls for an indoor game at Sunday School tomorrow morning. 

Spotto for an old photo (more than 30 years old).

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 3, 2022 5:22 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Spotto! A colour snapshot of my three daughters, two in brown velvet dresses, nursing the third, who only had her fortieth birthday last May, but then as a baby in a nice lacy bonnet & a christening robe.

Spotto for Father's Day cards, old presents, or memorabilia. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2022 6:02 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Spotto for a photo my dad sent from Australia this morning — he went to Bunnings for a saw blade and they didn't have the sort he wanted, but they had a "lucky spin" wheel for Father's Day and he won a free Bunnings hat! Grin  

Spotto for a bird of any kind (a live one or in a picture, whichever you find first!).

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2022 9:21 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Spotto! A tissue box decorated nicely with a kookaburra pattern, that I converted into an inbox for my desk. 

Spotto for any picture or real-life sighting of fruit-laden trees. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2022 9:19 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Spotto! An orange tree is in the picture on the calendar.

Spotto for something you've had for ten years or longer.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2022 2:37 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

Spotto! A carving of two singers, given to me by its maker over 20 years. 

Spotto for a memento of the British Royal Family. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2022 2:20 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Spotto! A souvenir plate of Fergie & Andrew's 23rd July,1986 wedding, in our display cabinet. Along with many others. Plus, all those more recent newspaper cuttings & mementos, now Queen Elizabeth II has died.

Spotto for any item reminding of British Royal visits to USA, or anywhere else in the world. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2022 5:30 am
Page 16 / 19
Share: