Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question Answered, Question Asked

Page 24 / 26
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Interacting and building relationships with people can be the best and the worst parts of my job at times. Giggle

Do you have a favourite part about Spring and, if so, what is it?

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 14, 2023 3:01 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

...yep.

Green. Everything goes dead in Winter. We normally don't even get pretty snow to cover it, just bare branches and sad yellow-brown grass. Then when we first start reliably thawing out we're coming alive with mounds of clover, and the grass and budding trees are close behind... the sense of relief, like, there *is* life around here.

If you were going to paint your (hypothetically very yours, not renting) living space walls a color - not white or light cream - what color would you pick and why?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2023 6:42 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Hmmm. Theoretically, I like the idea of light blue or light green - they look very bright and cheery.

How frequently do you pick books up to read based solely (or almost solely) on the cover?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 14, 2023 7:22 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

...kinda often actually? I get more *reliable* results browsing for titles I recognize by reputation, but sometimes I can find a gem on impulse and I can always drop it if it really grates on me. I don't often get *long* books that way but sometimes a cover is enough to give the plot hook and general atmosphere for YA or middle grade, and it can be really *strongly* indicative of my chances of enjoying a graphic novel or children's illustrated because art style is so integral to the storytelling there.

What is the food you find most annoying or unbearable based *purely* on its texture?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2023 8:19 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

I'm not sure there's not something else besides texture that bothers me, but first thing coming to mind is rice pudding.

What's a style or historical element of clothing that you would like to come back into accepted use today?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 15, 2023 6:38 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I love the headpieces women wore in the roaring 20's and neck ties/cravats worn by both women and men to elevate their style. Just dressing up to go out in general is something I'd love to see more of without standing out. When you look back at old black and white photographs and videos taken on the streets of New York, everyone looked so elegant and put together—men in hats and suits, women in lovely dresses. So much variety and expression in each curated selection of clothing. 

If you could become proficient in any instrument of choice, which would you choose and what song would you most like to play on it? 

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2023 10:19 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I... think I would go for piano honestly? I used to take lessons but was never very good, and lost it all. And we do actually still have one in the house. 

I don't want so much really technically difficult pieces, a lot of them don't appeal to me that keenly anyway. But gentle folky music, some nostalgic hymns and praise choruses, really pretty soundtrack-adjacent stuff, maybe a touch of jazz...

I think the thing I would want to learn *most* is Cristofori's Dream by David Lanz. With Stray Italian Greyhound by Vienna Teng coming second.

If you could have one fantastical creature for a pet - that is, an unreal creature from books or mythology/folklore, preferably fantasy rather than scifi - which one, and why? (Bonus: if it's a creature you have read books about, did a specific book's interpretation of what they're like influence your decision?)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2023 10:08 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

That's a good question! Let's say a winged lion - it could give me rides places, would be a more manageable size to keep around than a dragon, could take itself off hunting, and also look (and be) intimidating if needed. Giggle

What is something you enjoy about autumn?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 1, 2023 4:03 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

My sisters and a close friend and I have developed a tradition of having a "feast" and movie night close to Halloween. I think that's one of my favorite bits these days.

What is your favorite candy?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2023 9:45 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Chocolate. Specifically, Tony's Chocolonely — a relatively new brand that is just far and away the BEST I've ever tasted. Can't get enough of the stuff. Grin (Now I'm hoping it's not related to the White Witch's Turkish Delight.)

Do you have any holidays / vacations / trips away planned before the end of the year, and if so, where will you be going?

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2023 2:53 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Maybe?

There had been talk about getting a cabin for a sisters' retreat some weekend this Fall but I'm not sure if that's still on. Other than that all my expected outings are local.

Do you like to cook? If so, do you have a favorite kind of food to make??

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2023 4:44 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

It depends. I like to make food I enjoy. I do enjoy baking brownies, if that counts.

Have you ever visited Niagra Falls?

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2023 8:27 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Don't think so, no.

Do you enjoy any winter sports?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2023 6:51 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Um, not really. To be fair I haven't had much chance to try because I live in a region which barely has a winter!

How do you feel about soccer/football?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2023 6:57 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

I played it in grade school, loved watching Team Canada win gold in Tokyo 2 years ago, and otherwise don't give it much thought!

what's the longest you've gone without sleep?

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2023 2:56 am
Page 24 / 26
Share: