Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question Answered, Question Asked

Page 10 / 26
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

I actually love both with maybe a slight preference for coffee, but it depends on my mood, I think.

What is your favorite way to relax during the autumn season?

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2020 9:33 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Going for nice peaceful refreshing walks with plenty of good autumn scenery. I've just been doing that, actually... greetings from Box Hill in Surrey, which for Jane Austen fans is the site of the picnic where Emma says something very rude (but funny) to poor Miss Bates and gets into serious trouble. Wink  

Do you celebrate Halloween (or All Hallows, or Samhain, or any other version!) and if so, how?

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2020 4:22 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

No, I do not. It's Reformation Day at our home and this year my family and I will be watching this documentary on Martin Luther.

What's your favorite color to wear?

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2020 2:24 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Probably blue.

Do you like soups in general?

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 16, 2020 12:28 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

Yes. Smile  

Do you prefer gloves or mittens?

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 17, 2020 1:39 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Gloves.

Do you enjoy snowy weather?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 17, 2020 2:03 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Yes!!! I had never seen snow in my life until I moved to the UK some years ago, so I was just thrilled when I first saw it. We don't have very much of it here in the south — most winters it only snows a tiny bit, if at all — but I still get tremendously excited at even a little bit of it and go absolutely loopy whenever there's a proper snowfall that stays on the ground for days! Grin (Of course I might think differently if I had to put up with it all winter, every winter...)

How are you planning to celebrate Christmas this year — anything different from usual due to COVID restrictions?

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2020 1:48 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

I expect this Christmas to be much like last Christmas (lots of family time with conversations, food, games, and gifts) with exception of church (local mandates keeps changing, don't have a clue what will be allowed).

Do you prefer white or colored Christmas lights?

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2020 11:54 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Good question... when I was little I would have said coloured Christmas lights, hands down, but now that I'm (sort of) grown up, I very much prefer white ones. One of the nearest bigger towns to me here in England, Sevenoaks, has all-white Christmas lights in the streets every year, in star shapes and snowflake shapes, and they are just stunning.

What is your favourite thing about winter?

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2020 4:35 am
Gretel liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

The invigorating freshness of cold weather, especially with snow falling. ♥ My favourite season is Autumn, but Winter is a mighty close second. Also, because the crisp clearness of the air (when the clouds are not present) shows up the glorious night sky like sparkling jewels. No humidity/thick air to diminish the beauty of stargazing.

What does Thanksgiving mean to you? (We Canadians had ours the 2nd weekend of October; and yours in the US is, of course, coming up; as for Australia or the UK, I'm not sure when yours is, sorry.)

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2020 10:07 am
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It means 4 days of spending time with my extended family and sharing good memories together. Not to mention all kinds of delicious food, and the final farewell to autumn, my favorite season, and welcoming in Christmas, my second-favorite holiday. *Sighs nostalgically*

If you could observe (but not interact with) any historical event, what would you watch?

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2020 9:52 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Good question! My current thought is that I would love to go listen to a famous speech being made and, time of year being what it is, the first one that comes to mind is Abraham Lincoln giving the Gettysburg Address.

Are you enjoying your local weather currently?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 7, 2020 3:38 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Yes!! We're having beautiful autumn days with sunshine, a bit of fog and not too much rain, cold enough to feel like winter is coming but not so cold that it's uncomfortable.

If you're in the US, what are your plans for Thanksgiving this year?

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2020 3:19 am
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm in Canada, so I celebrated Thanksgiving already.  Kept it small for obvious reasons - just had grandparents over, had turkey dinner, and hung out! 

If you're a coffee drinker, do you prefer black, cream and/or sugar?

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2020 3:24 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

Black or with cream....I aspire to own this sign. Giggle  

Have you put up any Christmas lights/decorations?

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Page 10 / 26
Share: