(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Nhill, Victoria

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2020 3:21 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Leongatha (also Victoria... Australia, that is)

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 30, 2020 7:19 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Albury, on the border of New South Wales & Victoria. Grin   (Interesting thought...how many other places in the world are called Victoria?)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 30, 2020 2:37 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
Posted by: @waggawerewolf27

(Interesting thought...how many other places in the world are called Victoria?)

There's the city in Canada, for a start, near Vancouver. Incidentally, I find it amusing over here in the UK that the term "Victorian" exclusively means the era, whereas of course to us in Australia it's perfectly natural to talk of "the Victorian Government" or to say "I'm a Victorian" and we certainly don't mean someone or something originating between 1837 and 1901! Wink  

Yass (also in New South Wales)

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 6:49 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Sequim (Washington, USA)

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 12:47 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Melbourne, Victoria. OK , Australia. Wink  

There's the city in Canada, for a start, near Vancouver. Incidentally, I find it amusing over here in the UK that the term "Victorian" exclusively means the era, whereas of course to us in Australia it's perfectly natural to talk of "the Victorian Government" or to say "I'm a Victorian" and we certainly don't mean someone or something originating between 1837 and 1901! 

Well, of course they would. Grin They still have a major underground railway station called Victoria. I know the above ground Bus terminus there, very well. By the way, down south of the border, down Victoria way, there is a national horse race that just concluded on a Victorian public holiday. The Winner was Twilight Payment, followed by Tiger Moth, with Prince of Arran taking third place. A horse called Anthony Van Dyke broke down, & with a seriously hurt leg, had to be euthanised, sad to say. Crying That is today's Australian news for Melbourne Cup day, 2020.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 11:43 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Yes, I know Victoria Station, both the Underground and the National Rail terminus above it — that's where I finish if I take the train to London from where I live in Kent. Haven't been up to London for most of this year, for pandemic reasons. Sad  

Back to the game...

Euston (inner suburb of London, also with a major station)

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2020 1:06 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Northfields, a suburb of west London. 

(It has its own Underground station. Victoria, by the way, is also the name of one of the Underground lines in London)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2020 3:10 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Southfields, a suburb of south London. (Part of Wandsworth, technically — and also with a Tube station. District Line, to be exact.)

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2020 4:43 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Snow Hill (North Carolina, USA)

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2020 12:00 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Llandudno, Wales

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2020 3:12 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Oberon, New South Wales. Near where you would find the famous Jenolan Caves in Australia. Tongue Nowhere near the original South Wales, but which at one time administered the whole of Australia's known eastern mainland seaboard, including New Zealand. Smile  

(@ Courtenay & Coracle: As a matter of interest, once I did try to book a night's accommodation in a NSW country town, with a travel organisation called Trivago. They asked me where that town was, & I said as clearly & properly as possible, it was in NEW South Wales. But, they said in puzzlement, "they couldn't find the town in South Wales". I gave up & consulted an old NRMA accommodation directory I finally found). Eyeroll  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2020 7:55 pm
coracle and Courtenay liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Northenden, a suburb of Manchester UK, (where I was working three years ago)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 4, 2020 11:14 pm
Page 32 / 127
Share: